Changing my signature

knowschad

Trying to change my signature tonight. Every link that I can find tells me to go to my "account settings". I click on that link and get a list of all of my recent cache logs. Nothing there about my account changing my settings aside from My Public Profile. Wow! Yeah, there's my public profile... stats and all. But my signature? Nowhere to be found. Ahhh.... but up there in the upper left, there is a link to "Edit My Profile"!! Surely I will be able to edit my forum signature there, right? Nope... just the HTML that I use to display my stats.

So...! Back to the forum. Surely "My Assistant" will help with this. Oops... nope. Oh! "My controls"/ "Edit Signature"! At last!!! Nope. Brings me to a page linking me to My Account Settings (see first sentence).

This is like the programmer that died in the shower because he read the shampoo instructions... "lather, rinse, repeat".

Trying to change my signature tonight. Every link that I can find tells me to go to my "account settings". I click on that link and get a list of all of my recent cache logs. Nothing there about my account changing my settings aside from My Public Profile. Wow! Yeah, there's my public profile... stats and all. But my signature? Nowhere to be found. Ahhh.... but up there in the upper left, there is a link to "Edit My Profile"!! Surely I will be able to edit my forum signature there, right? Nope... just the HTML that I use to display my stats.

So...! Back to the forum. Surely "My Assistant" will help with this. Oops... nope. Oh! "My controls"/ "Edit Signature"! At last!!! Nope. Brings me to a page linking me to My Account Settings (see first sentence).

This is like the programmer that died in the shower because he read the shampoo instructions... "lather, rinse, repeat".

:anibad:

I tried the same things last night...got stuck when I got redirected and just didn't want to put up with it at the moment...a lot changed since the last time I added something to the signature line!!!

Edited by ArcherDragoon

If you select My Controls>Edit signature you get this

[Your signature line is the information you want to insert at the bottom of every post. You can change your profile any time from your account settings.

Important! If you make any changes to your profile and they do not update in the forums, click on the "Register" link on the forums page and it will send you to a page to update those settings.]

I have changed my signature line, but where is the "register" link on the forums page mentioned above? My signature line is not showing yet.

Edited to add: OK - got sorted. Came to forums from gc.com website and signature displays correctly. Still don't know where the "register" link is they mention.

Edited by the pooks

Just tell me exactly what I need to type in the box.

Annie

That is so tempting!

UK cachers can also be found over at the [url=http://www.gagb.co.uk/forums/]Geocaching Association Of Great Britain (GAGB)[/url] forums.

However!

Part of the code from my sig, that has links in. Is it enough to work out what you need for your sig?

Just tell me exactly what I need to type in the box.

Annie

That is so tempting!

Glad you showed restraint!!

UK cachers can also be found over at the [url=http://www.gagb.co.uk/forums/]Geocaching Association Of Great Britain (GAGB)[/url] forums.

However!

Part of the code from my sig, that has links in. Is it enough to work out what you need for your sig?

Let's see if I figured it out. If I did I should have a signature line now.

Annie

Let's see if I figured it out. If I did I should have a signature line now.

Annie

Nope. It shows up correctly in the 'preview' when I check it on my profile page, but not here actually in the forums.

Any hints anyone?

Annie

Well, there you go. I figured it out myself. Log out of the forums, 'register' and log back in again, and it's all good.

Thanks for your help Bear and Ragged.

Annie