Recently viewed caches

traildad

I would like to suggest a feature that shows a list of my recently viewed caches on my profile page. Maybe the last five or 10 would work. Sometimes I look up a cache on a map or a search. If I want to look at it later or log it, I have to repeat the search or scroll to it again with the map. A list with links to those pages would be handy. Thanks Ken

I'm trying to understand how I would use this. I already have a list of the caches I've most recently logged. My guess it that after I got done logging the 75 caches I've found that day all the recently viewed ones would be on this list anyhow. Seems like what is wanted is already available. If I'm on a cache page that I think I might want to come back to, I add it to a bookmark list. Maybe a few of the features fizzymagic is asking for would make the bookmark lists easier to maintain and people might start looking at them as solutions for other problems.

I'm trying to understand how I would use this. I already have a list of the caches I've most recently logged. My guess it that after I got done logging the 75 caches I've found that day all the recently viewed ones would be on this list anyhow. Seems like what is wanted is already available. If I'm on a cache page that I think I might want to come back to, I add it to a bookmark list. Maybe a few of the features fizzymagic is asking for would make the bookmark lists easier to maintain and people might start looking at them as solutions for other problems.

Why would you want to add all those caches to a bookmark only to have to delete them later???

The OP has a great idea. I sometimes "browse" an area and want to revisit one of the listings again. Instead of having to work my way through a series of pages (putting extra load on the servers), a recent visit list would make it a single step process.

Glad to see Opinion-Nate likes it too.

Not everyone logs 1000 caches a year. Your needs are probably different than some that cache less. Maybe recently viewed caches would not include caches that were logged since they would appear on another list anyway. If you are doing research on a cache you want to hunt then it would not yet appear on the cache found list, so no what I asked for is not already available.

Not everyone logs 1000 caches a year. Your needs are probably different than some that cache less. Maybe recently viewed caches would not include caches that were logged since they would appear on another list anyway. If you are doing research on a cache you want to hunt then it would not yet appear on the cache found list, so no what I asked for is not already available.

But as a premium member you can click add to bookmark list and keep it there. Many people have a "To Do" bookmarklist. That sounds a lot like what you are asking for. True, to remove it from the list you have go find it on the list an delete it. A lot could be done to make the management of bookmark lists easier.

I view caches for many different reasons. Sometimes its a new cache listing, sometimes its a cache on my watchlist that I DNFd and hasn't been found for 20 years, sometimes its a cache mentioned in a forum post. Sometimes someone emails me with a link to a cache they want me to look at.

In other words, I don't think that it would be a useful feature to me. But if it helps others and I can ignore it... and it doesn't get in the way of my pet projects... I don't mind.