Email and Cell phone Notifications

J.S.K.

I have been geocaching for over 2 1/2 years now I have been getting email and Cell Phone Notifications. Until about 2 weeks ago? It stops coold!! There has been about 40 new caches placed within my Distance in Miles: from my home coords.

Is groundspeaks having trouble with a service.

I am using Msn. for my emails.

I have deleted all of my old Notifications. Change the coords for them. Hoping this will help somehow. LOL

Another 2 caches will within the distance of the Notifications. I got nothing NO EMAIL about them Is there any thing going we with a Notifications.

HOW DO I FIX THIS

Again there was a cache 1.2 miles from my home. I Still not getting email or cell Notifications about new caches being published. I even resetup the Notifications. Still nothing..

Is there anyone that can help me

I would suggest as an experiment you create a free gmail account and have your notifications sent there. I know MSN has failed to deliver geocaching emails in the past.

Team Taran

I never had a problem until 2 weeks ago I have been caching for over 2 1/2 years.

I will try anything now I miss 20 FTF since I lost email Notifications

I tried Gmail and still no go.

I still not getting Email and Cell phone Notifications. Is there anyone at groundspeaks that can

help me. Forums are no help.. I am paying for this web and for what!!!! nothing.......

Edited by joestephkids

I am paying for this web and for what!!!! nothing.......

Yep, that'll get everyone working on it.

For more than three now. I get nothing...

I have change mail serves from Qwest@msn.com to Hotmail to gmail I still get nothing. How does one get someone from groundspeaks to help you... so far there os no help out there for my problem.

Yes, there are no actual SMS notifications. All notifications are sent as email.

You can input the SMS Gateway for your cell phone carrier in order to get the messages sent to your cell phone.

Here's a fairly complete list I found recently.

http://www.mutube.com/projects/open-email-...s/gateway-list/

SMS will give you the notification however due to SMS character limitations (160 characters) it cuts it to almost unusable after the header is in there.

To get the whole message, it is easier to use the MMS email found here. For instance, in Verizon instead of using xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com you would use the MMS equivalent of xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com. xxxxxxxxxx being your phone number.

MMS does not have the character limitations of SMS.

MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging System and is what is used to transport pictures and videos. Some services may charge extra or have a addition to your plan, so check first.

Edited by baloo&bd

Yes, there are no actual SMS notifications. All notifications are sent as email.

You can input the SMS Gateway for your cell phone carrier in order to get the messages sent to your cell phone.

Here's a fairly complete list I found recently.

http://www.mutube.com/projects/open-email-...s/gateway-list/

SMS will give you the notification however due to SMS character limitations (160 characters) it cuts it to almost unusable after the header is in there.

To get the whole message, it is easier to use the MMS email found here. For instance, in Verizon instead of using xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com you would use the MMS equivalent of xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com. xxxxxxxxxx being your phone number.

MMS does not have the character limitations of SMS.

MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging System and is what is used to transport pictures and videos. Some services may charge extra or have a addition to your plan, so check first.

Okay I check all the My cell is able to email also. SMS ALSO MMS

But I am still not getting to my email address I have XXXXXX@msn.com I have got one though email for than 3 weeks I would like I would like to get Notifications to my email address.......

I never had a problem with notifications. I use Roadrunner for my e-mail and Sprint for my cell. Got notifications on both without fail.

As for the MMS thing, I don't need that so as long as I get the GCXXX number in the text. All I have to do is enter that number on the website which loads the cache page. I then download the gpx file and I'm good to go.

Joe, I don't think Groundspeak is the problem. There are several freebie web e-mail addresses that you can use.

There's yahoo, gmail, hotmail, rocketmail and many others. Keep trying a free e-mail service until you find the one that works for you.

Good luck.

... snip

But I am still not getting to my email address I have XXXXXX@msn.com I have got one though email for than 3 weeks I would like I would like to get Notifications to my email address.......

There might be a problem with your email provider. Try another provider (such as GMail) and see if they come through.

... snip

There might be a problem with your email provider. Try another provider (such as GMail) and see if they come through.

I tried Gmail I still did not get Email Notifications of new caches. And also My Cell phone does have email.

So. I changed my email to my main service XXXXXXXX@msn.com. But now waiting for a new cache in my area now.

Hoping for the best...

... snip

I tried Gmail I still did not get Email Notifications of new caches. And also My Cell phone does have email.

So. I changed my email to my main service XXXXXXXX@msn.com. But now waiting for a new cache in my area now.

Hoping for the best...

You don't need to be able to get e-mails on your cell phone to get notifications. The e-mail address on the list is just a gateway, it 'converts' the message and you receive it as a text message.