'My Account' menu order

Bambography

Each time a new feature is added by Groundspeak it obviously needs somewhere to go. However I can't be the only one wondering what is happening with the menu on our My Account pages (down the right-hand side).

The really useful items of the menu are things like search options and premium member items. However recently items (some of questionable use) have been added above these. These are my views as you look down the menu:

- I like the new "Hello...." Box however do we still need the Stat Bar? Should this not now move into the newly redesigned Profile page?

- Then its My GPS. Does this really need to be here?? I know what GPS i've got so don't need this here to tell me each time I use the site!

- Search Options - The most important section which should be straight below the 'Hello box'.

- Field Notes - Very useful and probably in about the right place

- Geocaching with Twitter. What?? I'm still struggling to see the point of this (but that is a different matter). My question is why on earth is it above the Premium member section????? Does it need a menu of its own, is it not a Profile option like whether or not I get the weekly email?

- Premium member items. The 2nd most important section which should be higher up the page and not need to be scrolled down to.

- Account options and Inventory should be down there however the sheer amount of other stuff means that I rarely see my Inventory any more like I used to.

Sorry that this is such a long post. Its is my opinion and i'm sure some my disagree and i've finally got round to writing this as it is the only thing that really bugs me with the site. However it would be good to know from TPTB if there is any logic in the way these items have been ordered?

Each time a new feature is added by Groundspeak it obviously needs somewhere to go. However I can't be the only one wondering what is happening with the menu on our My Account pages (down the right-hand side).

it would be good to know from TPTB if there is any logic in the way these items have been ordered?

I agree -- lately I always have to search for the stuff that I actually want to use, wading past the stuff that I will never use.

Also a pet peeve of mine is the how some of the features are named. "Build Pocket Queries" should be just "Pocket Quries", and "Manage Bookmarks" should be just "Bookmarks". I don't necessarily want to build or manage anyhing -- I might just want to run a PQ that already exists, or I might just want to look at a bookmark list.

Get those verbs out of there :) (actually I have an ulterior motive for wanting them gone: I have clicked that "Build Pocket Queries" link about a thousand times when I really wanted the "Bookmarks" link. And it's all because that superfluous "Build" starts with "B".)

words.gif

You lost me after the first paragraph... :anitongue:

I'm sure it's important to you...but...

I always feel embarrassed for people who write posts saying "I am too empty-headed and impatient to actually read the post I am responding to."

Then I just shake my head in despair and watch "Idiocracy" again.

it would be good to know from TPTB if there is any logic in the way these items have been ordered?

I agree -- lately I always have to search for the stuff that I actually want to use, wading past the stuff that I will never use.

Also a pet peeve of mine is the how some of the features are named. "Build Pocket Queries" should be just "Pocket Quries", and "Manage Bookmarks" should be just "Bookmarks". I don't necessarily want to build or manage anyhing -- I might just want to run a PQ that already exists, or I might just want to look at a bookmark list.

Get those verbs out of there :) (actually I have an ulterior motive for wanting them gone: I have clicked that "Build Pocket Queries" link about a thousand times when I really wanted the "Bookmarks" link. And it's all because that superfluous "Build" starts with "B".)

words.gif

You lost me after the first paragraph... :anitongue:

I'm sure it's important to you...but...

I always feel embarrassed for people who write posts saying "I am too empty-headed and impatient to actually read the post I am responding to."

Then I just shake my head in despair and watch "Idiocracy" again.

Well said.

I'm also getting confused between the interchangeability between "My Account" and "My Profile". The menu on the left is exactly the same except for these two which changes depending on which page you are on to start with. I find this more confusing than helpful.

Fear not, this page is slated for redesign shortly. I agree, a lot of the really useful items have disappeared below the fold. That will all be sorted out.

Cheers, thanks for the reply! Look forward to seeing the changes!

Thanks. I've often thought that the commonly used features (Pocket Queries, etc) should be a bit more prominent.