Geocaching Software... whats the best?

I just got my new HTC touch pro from sprint recentaly, and was wondering what good geocaching software would be the best to use with this phone. I would like the capibilty to have aireal maps in color, and the ability to load multiple caching points. If at all possable, i would also like to update comments, finds, dnfs and most other aspects on geocaching.com. Any sugestions would be great.

The HTC touch pro runs....

Windows Mobile 6.1

CPU: OUALLCOM 7501A

RAM: 288MB

STORAGE: 328.27MB + 2GB MB

Thanks for help in advance

-joe

There are several that work on the Touch Pro. A bit of a search - will find them. Not a problem with the BB phones, just the WM phones. Others have been warned.

I'm not sure there is a geocaching ap for that phone?

Edited by OldBenC

Perhaps this thread is already dead but....

if someone happens upon it there are answers.

If you are looking for Geocaching applications for the Google Android G1 phone. (I can mention Garmin but not CatchiMeight or GeoBagles)

Simply go to the Market on your G1 and do a search on "geocaching". I don't know about the second item but the first and third are my favorites, in that order. (I haven't looked at the second one.) The fourth item is handy too but what you need is already in the two mentioned programs. (#4 is free, check it out)

I'm debating giving my 60csx to my daughter, I'm not sure I'm going to need it anymore. ((It may be a long debate, I argue a lot.))

Both the above mentioned are very complete applications for not only hunting caches but, as well, total paperless caching solutions that work very well with GPX files. Load it up and go, your full description is with you and you don't have to be in a cellular coverage area providing you brought your cache data with you already loaded on your phone.

In my not so humble opinion one is all you need.

I'm sorry - are you serious that your are forbidden to suggest applications on these forums?

There are quite a few out there that scrape data from this site contrary to the TOS or use the trademarks from this site illegaly. those are the ones that are not ok to mention. At least, that is my suspicion. I don't have any inside knowledge or anything - but that's what I think it might be.

Yep - serious. I was banned for 3 days for mentioning one. You mention the one unmentionable in the 2nd paragraph below.

*content edited out to shrink post size*

That's funny... since Geocaching.com advertises that particular program name and website link on their own webpage as a suggested program for mobile devices listed under "Applications for Handhelds" : http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/default.aspx

Maybe that was before Geocaching.com approved the program?

To my knowledge, BasicGPS and RichesseGPS have always been OK, as they load GPX files and don't screenscrape the site.

There are other apps that violate the TOU, and mentioning their names is not permitted on these forums. Unfortunately, it's currently not possible for any developer to legally match the featureset of the Geocaching iPhone app without violating the TOU, so us Windows Mobile users are stuck in the dark. See the "Who are Groundspeak's Trusted Developers?" thread in the website discussion subforum.

I gave up and bought a Garmin Oregon 300.

That's funny... since Geocaching.com advertises that particular program name and website link on their own webpage as a suggested program for mobile devices

That's interesting. The last time I checked, the program's website still listed it as being banned on the forums.

In any event, I use a different program that allows me to download aerial photos on a windows mobile/gps combination. It can be a handy adjunct to my regular gpsr and has helped me identify the right trail on more than a few occasions.