our first TB, but is it still one?

KLAR

We just want to set free our first TB, but we have the idea to give him a special mission. We attach the TB-chain to item "A". The next cacher should remove item "A" and replace it with item "B" (so he should change the TB itself!). Only the tracking number will be the same, but not the TB. It's a little bit like trading ...

1.)

Do you think/know this is within the guidelines?

2.)

What's your opinion, will this work?

Thanks for every imput!

I think it sounds like a neat idea. You can place any mission you'd like on your travel bugs, but unfortunately there are no guarantees every cacher who picks it up will attach a new item.

You should include the mission with your TB before you release it, perhaps on a laminated card.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Edited by mfamilee

1. I am a newbie, but it sounds fine to me, and like a fun idea. Not sure you can make it a requirement, because I know ALR are not allowed for caches, so maybe same goes for TBs.

2. Depends... do you want people to just attach anything? Or are they supposed to attach a particular object (such as replacing a queen of hearts with a king of hearts, or a fluffy toy with another fluffy toy)? The more exact you are in what you require, the less people will be wiling to move your bug, and also remember some people do not have a digital camera or may move your TB on a long caching day and not have anything new to attach to it. Make sure you attach a laminated card explaining the mission (that will stay with the TB).

Do you think/know this is within the guidelines?

It's fine.

What's your opinion, will this work?

My concern is whether or not people would properly attach the tag to whatever they have choosen. You may want to consider releasing something that is a TB in itself. Get like a Carabiner and securely attach the tag and the (laminated) mission tag to that. Make it so the hook and tag always stay together. You don't want the dogtag floating around by itself. Good way of losing it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I have a TB that works along similar lines, with each cacher asked to swap items in the bag. So far, it's worked quite well... Good luck with yours. :blink:

MrsB's black bag of Bs.

MrsB

Hey Mrs B! Neat trackable! It's come a long way! But why isn't the mileage from California showing up? I'm new to trackables (and geocaching, actually).

It is now :)

Sometimes the mileage total takes a couple of moves to update - The owner can get it to recalculate the tracking mileage by clicking "Recalculate distance" in the little drop-down box under Trackable Item Options.

That TB of mine is a mere baby as far as travel mileage goes. Just this morning I was looking at Geocache Smurf who has recently come back to life after being dormant for over 6 years and has survived for over 26,000 miles. Unfortunately its owner doesn't seem to have been active since 2004 so they probably don't even realise that their little Smurf is back in action.

MrsB :P

[

It is now :)

Sometimes the mileage total takes a couple of moves to update - The owner can get it to recalculate the tracking mileage by clicking "Recalculate distance" in the little drop-down box under Trackable Item Options.

That TB of mine is a mere baby as far as travel mileage goes. Just this morning I was looking at Geocache Smurf who has recently come back to life after being dormant for over 6 years and has survived for over 26,000 miles. Unfortunately its owner doesn't seem to have been active since 2004 so they probably don't even realise that their little Smurf is back in action.

MrsB :blink:

Its amazing with this little smurf, it only went 5 places and racked up that many miles. Cool. I am amazed that it was still where it was put 6 years ago.