Changing your username

Mrs B gave me the same good advice and it took about 4 days for the change - you will get a confirmation email when its done :unsure:

You might need to re-register for these forums because your name on here is still showing the old spelling... although I see that the name has been changed on your geocaching account profile.

MrsB

Mrs B gave me the same good advice and it took about 4 days for the change - you will get a confirmation email when its done :yikes:

I found the information for myself, and it was sorted in a day! :unsure:

Just choose the right day/time to send the email. (They are several hours behind the UK) and tend to be busy email-wise on Monday after the weekend. :D

Hi all

I am thinking of changing my username - as when I registered I thought the whole family would join in ........ but I'm the only one who is interested!

Could you tell me if there are any disadvantages? Am i likely to have any of my logs deleted as the name in the log book wouldn't match the online log?

I will probably keep 'Didz' as part of my new name (annoyingly Didz has been taken but never used :lol: )

Any suggestions welcome ;)

'Splendidz' is all I have come up with!

Cheers

Diddi (Didz)

Changed username mid 2008, have not had any logs deleted yet!

I don't think cache owners check too far back in the log book.

Try 'Didz' (with the quotes)

or

*Didz*

The only 'problem' I had was a confused local cacher who wondered how their TB, that I had in hand, suddenly moved from one cacher to another.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

There might be a slight chance that a cache owner who diligently checks all the caching names in their log books notices that the name in the log book doesn't match the on-line log, but I would hope that most COs would contact you to ask about the discrepancy before simply hitting "delete". If your log was deleted in this manner you would receive an automated email to let you know, so you'd then be able to explain the change to the CO.

As you say that the name Didz has already been registered but never used it might be worth sending an email to Groundspeak to see whether they would allow you to take the name, if it truly has never been used for anything and the account hasn't been confirmed. I know of one cacher who very recently was allowed to change his name to that of a small, blue Belgian creature although that account name had already been apparently 'taken'. :lol:

If that's not possible then how would you feel about becoming Didzzy? ;)

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

. I know of one cacher who very recently was allowed to change his name to that of a small, blue Belgian creature although that account name had already been apparently 'taken'. :)

hhhmmmm I wonder who that might have been ? :)

Hey... who said you could be one of us? :D:D

he he he ,,,, I use the word to describe myself, It's a term used here-abouts for tourists who appear by magic when the sun comes out, (I don't like caching in the rain)