The schwanky MOGA coin?

tsunrisebey

Received 3 copper w/red grips today, will have them with me at GW7 to trade. Looking forward to seeing some of you there, having some fun cache runs. Anyone have a black nickel or shiny silver geocoin fairy they want to get rid of?

OH MY! Perhaps green is the new brown and Magenta is the new black in China? I am so sorry about this.

I do not get the coins when they arrive and I did not know this was happening. It is Steve's Sabbath and we will not be able to answer this issue until Tomorrow.

I just wanted you all to know I am now aware of it and not ignoring the situation.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Is there an answer yet?

Does anyone know if the black handles have shipped yet?

I recieved this email from them and apparently their will not be any black handled coins. They gave me the opportunity return them, but I am keeping them. They were real apologetic about the mess up. This must be a real headache for them..

Our factory outsourced these coins and they use a different color chart and just messed it up. After talking with several customers we have decided that we are not going to do replacements. So there are no black handled versions floating around out there.

Edited by teamhaynes

Team Haynes, who did you get the email from, Hogwild or MOGA? Just cuirous because I didn't receive an email about these.

From Steve at hogwild. He replied to an email I sent him asking about whether or not I had gotten the wrong ones. I sent it right after I opened them expecting the black handles.

Does anyone know if the black handles have shipped yet?

I recieved this email from them and apparently their will not be any black handled coins. They gave me the opportunity return them, but I am keeping them. They were real apologetic about the mess up. This must be a real headache for them..

Our factory outsourced these coins and they use a different color chart and just messed it up. After talking with several customers we have decided that we are not going to do replacements. So there are no black handled versions floating around out there.

That would be fine if there were just one grip color out there, but there's 2 (red and green) and it certainly does not explain the 2 different finishes (copper and antique silver).

That would be fine if there were just one grip color out there, but there's 2 (red and green) and it certainly does not explain the 2 different finishes (copper and antique silver).

They actually had 2 pre-sales...one for a Copper with Red handle coin and then another of the Silver with Black handles (which are now green and not black). Other than the black handle now being green, I don't think there were any other mix ups - was there?

Edited by Theotokos

They actually had 2 pre-sales...one for a Copper with Red handle coin and then another of the Silver with Black handles (which are now green and not black). Other than the black handle now being green, I don't think there were any other mix ups - was there?

The antique copper was supposed to have a black handle. According go the pre-sale page: (There will be a new finish and new handle Color (Antique Copper Finish, Translucent Black Handle) It doesn't.

http://hogwildstuff.typepad.com/moga_2009_final_presale/

There was supposed to be a response posted but it wasn't. I guess the poll didn't include everyone and you can live with them the way they are. I like the design so I will keep the coin.

The antique copper was supposed to have a black handle. According go the pre-sale page: (There will be a new finish and new handle Color (Antique Copper Finish, Translucent Black Handle) It doesn't.

There was supposed to be a response posted but it wasn't. I guess the poll didn't include everyone and you can live with them the way they are. I like the design so I will keep the coin.

hmm..okay, I just assumed it was the handle color only. Oh well, like you say...I like the design and am still happy with them.

hmm..okay, I just assumed it was the handle color only. Oh well, like you say...I like the design and am still happy with them.

I know it is late to chime in but, as designer of the coin, I would have expected to have a shot at buying the green handled coin. I only got one when it showed up at Geowoodstock. It has made some of my staff really mad that there were different editions of this coin floating around and no one had the opportunity to buy one because they thought they were going to be different. I ordered 30 of the second sale (Black Handle) for my staff. Remember that the first ones were suppose to be the ones we had at the event. So when they came in as green handles, we were never informed so none of my staff had the opportunity to buy these. The black handles were red handles and I did give those out to staff..

This was unacceptable to the new directors for MOGA and they have been really fuming over this.. I just feel that staff should have had the first opportunity to purchase any different coins, screw up or not..

Just my 2cents..

Mike