Garmin Topo Canada DVD - New Version

It is not out yet. GPSCity says they have been told six weeks.

Currently Ibycus Topo is much better and free. I doubt this new version will be better than Ibycus. The main reason to get it is for the DEM data. The DEM data is only usable on some newer units like the Oregon and Colorado. Like USA topo, you should be able to use the DEM shading and 3D views with other maps on the unit.

Edited by Red90

I would like them for the DEM data. And it is my understanding that I can get the elevation shading underneath my existing 1:10,000 topos.

But I think I will let someone else pioneer this trail. The last time I was out front with a Garmin product, it felt like going down the Colorado river without a canoe, paddle or life jacket. :)

Where did you get the 1:10k topos for canada?

I would like them for the DEM data. And it is my understanding that I can get the elevation shading underneath my existing 1:10,000 topos.

But I think I will let someone else pioneer this trail. The last time I was out front with a Garmin product, it felt like going down the Colorado river without a canoe, paddle or life jacket. :laughing:

Where did you get the 1:10k topos for canada?

But I think I will let someone else pioneer this trail. The last time I was out front with a Garmin product, it felt like going down the Colorado river without a canoe, paddle or life jacket. :(

It is not Canada. It is Ontario.

Does anyone know if a Nuvi 550 will display the DEM data from this? I just ordered a 550 one from GPScity.

From looking at reviews, the 500 seems to draw the DEM shading, but just want to be sure before I shell out for the new topo canada.

Edited by anethema

It is not out yet. GPSCity says they have been told six weeks.

Currently Ibycus Topo is much better and free. I doubt this new version will be better than Ibycus. The main reason to get it is for the DEM data. The DEM data is only usable on some newer units like the Oregon and Colorado. Like USA topo, you should be able to use the DEM shading and 3D views with other maps on the unit.

Will Ibycus allow you to the `recalculate on road` as does the Garmin Topo map ? I find this usefull when geocaching with my oregon 300 . I'm heading to the US for summer vacation and did not want to purchase topo usa juste for 2 weeks.

Thanks