Colorado 400T fixes

I just got my 400T today. I'm told there is a GSAK macro I can use to load hints into the GPS. I have GSAK version 6.6.4, which was the last free version. Do I have to buy a higher version to run the macros for Colorado hints?

Also, on my 60CX I was able to see caches all over the map screen. Is there a way to do this on the Colorado?

Sorry if these are repeat questions, but I'm on dialup and searches take forever.....

I just got my 400T today. I'm told there is a GSAK macro I can use to load hints into the GPS. I have GSAK version 6.6.4, which was the last free version. Do I have to buy a higher version to run the macros for Colorado hints?

Also, on my 60CX I was able to see caches all over the map screen. Is there a way to do this on the Colorado?

Sorry if these are repeat questions, but I'm on dialup and searches take forever.....

Hi Wesley-

While you are waiting for other to give you decent answers, I can throw my hat in the ring :-)

I thought you could import GPX files directly into the Colorado and Oregon units.. Have you tried that?

Sorry if I am way off base.

You can use GSAK to load the Colorado, but you don't need it. Simply connect the Colorado to your computer in mass storage mode and copy the .gpx file to the /garmin/gpx/ folder. You'll have all the info that is in the gpx file, description, rating, hint and all the logs that are in the gpx file. Using GSAK and macros can make it easier, but it's not hard without it.

Hi Wesley,

I to have a Colorado (300) & had downloaded the Colorado export macro and it worked fine even with all the nags, I just got tired and decided to upgrade and get rid of them. Have fun caching.

kini_ont

Edited by kini_ont

I see you are premium members.

Have you used the Pocket Query function available to you on geocaching.com?

I have a Colorado 400T and find this is the easiest way for me without needing GSAK. Run the query, unzip the files into a folder on your computer, copy the .gpx file it unzips into the Garmin/gpx folder. (you need to have your Colorado plugged in for this. This will give you hints and past logs on your Colorado.

The send to GPS function on the individual cache page will so this as well, but it's only one cache at a time, not the 500 a query will do.

I to have a Colorado (300) & had downloaded the Colorado export macro

Into what version of GSAK? When you open GSAK, it says "GSAK Version X.X.X" up at the top.

Also, no one can see caches on their Colorado map screen? This is evidently not possible?

I see the caches just fine on my 400t map screen.

wesleykey, you can export geocaches from older versions of GSAK to the Colorado by using Export>GPX and saving the gpx file to /garmin/gpx on the Colorado. However, you will need version 7.5 to take advantage of the import and log and export macros.

You should be able to see geocaches on your map screen, make sure you have updated your Colorado's software to version 2.9.

I see the caches just fine on my 400t map screen.

WOW, what a non technical forum. :D I see them now. The solution is that you need to zoom in to 3 miles or less. If you zoom out too far you can't see any caches. Problem solved.

Now, can someone tell me how you see a hint? What do you click??

If you click on the center of the rocker it will give you the full description. The left soft button will say options. Click it and it will let you see the hint (decrypted) and the logs.

To change the zoom level you see caches at you can go to Others-Setup-Map

Then the left soft button will give you the option to Restore Defaults or Advanced. Select Advanced then zoom levels. The User Waypoints setting will set the zoom level that you can see caches at.

You don't need GSAK at all. Just plug in your Colorado. It will mount as a hard drive. Put the GPX file in either of the GPX folders either on the mail Colorado or the MicroSD card of the GPS.