What kinds of Cachers are there?

One might add another category . . . team caching!
Good idea!

1) Creative cache lovers

2) Discovering cool new spot lovers

3) Hiking/higher terrain cache lovers

4) Numbers lovers

5) Easy cache lovers

6) FTF lovers

7) Trading coins/swag lovers.

8) Puzzle lovers

9) Social cacher (events and/or caching in groups)

Edited by TrailGators

1) Creative cache lovers

4) Numbers lovers

5) Easy cache lovers

6) FTF lovers

8) Puzzle lovers

We would be in #s 1,2,3 and 9.

I enjoy finding new areas, a location where I can walk a reasonable distance and get multiple caches (I like exercise but I also have bad knees so not too much hiking) and I enjoy trading unusual trinkets.

As for actual technique, Hubby the electronics guru, runs the GPS to get us to the area and I use my attention to detail to find the actual container. We would not do as well without each other.

I would be 1,2 and 5.

Wish I could do more of the #3, Hiking and Higher terrain. However, with limited mobility anything over 1/4 mile is pushing it.

FTFs are fun but I don't go out for them, the two I have got were unfound for a few days before I got them.

I don't do coins or travel bugs. And seldom trade out for swag. Usually cache alone, but have enjoyed going with others. Only do occasional puzzles.

My number count means a lot to me, but I do not go out with the idea of increasing it. Just enjoy watching it grow. I do not care about anyone Else's number count.

I would be 1,2 and 5.

Wish I could do more of the #3, Hiking and Higher terrain. However, with limited mobility anything over 1/4 mile is pushing it.

FTFs are fun but I don't go out for them, the two I have got were unfound for a few days before I got them.

I don't do coins or travel bugs. And seldom trade out for swag. Usually cache alone, but have enjoyed going with others. Only do occasional puzzles.

My number count means a lot to me, but I do not go out with the idea of increasing it. Just enjoy watching it grow. I do not care about anyone Else's number count.

What he said!!!! Dick

Good idea!

1) Creative cache lovers

4) Numbers lovers

5) Easy cache lovers

6) FTF lovers

8) Puzzle lovers

I'm in all of those except for #7. I don't care about swag, and I'm a bit of a TB/Geocoin black hole, just because I never bother to fish them out of my really full pockets... I only have a few left - I guess I should get on moving them... :(

And I'll call myself a member of #8 again, now that I've finally figured out GCG4QC (How bizarre...)

We're the very definition of #9 here in Ottawa - I do very little solo caching, it seems, and I'm usually caching several days a week.

Oh, and I eat eggplant! :)

Good idea!

1) Creative cache lovers

4) Numbers lovers

5) Easy cache lovers

6) FTF lovers

8) Puzzle lovers

I'm a 1,5,7 & 9.

If your cache deserves it, I'll always trade up.

I'm also a newbie that carries a backpack with "extras" and will do some cache maintenace on the spot if the cache needs it.

I've completed my first puzzle and had a great expierence.

And I'm working on #3

Does eating Eggplant Parmigian count???

i'll eat the eggplant!

but seriously: this is a topic that's just beggin' to go down the road of insults. any time you intentionally set up usses an' thems, there's a-gonna be shootin'.

This thread has been very friendly! Most people seem happy to say what kind of cacher they are. This is no right and wrong answer...

All Kinds.

Good answer. Everybody can decide for themselves why they like geocaching and even what kinds of caches they enjoy or don't enjoy finding. It's just like people getting to decide whether they like eggplant or whether they enjoy it cooked a certain way but don't like when it's cooked a different way. I not too sure about eggplant ice cream though. :(

There are only a few general types of cachers (based on my limited experience):

• This looks like fun - joins up, finds a few dozen, fades away because they really are not interested
  • Occasional Cachers: Tried it and it is fun but only make it out every 2 months or so and only find 3 or 4
  • "I cache for locations" - frequent cacher that lives to find a new location - caches are a bonus - some frquent cachers - some rarely
  • Caches should be Hard - some are into caching for the difficult terrain, some into it for spending 2 hours looking for a nano in a hard location
  • Hard Core 1 - mix of location and difficulty a little picky about where and when they will cache - go caching frequently
  • hard core 2: Will find any cache anywhere, anytime, all the time.
  • Numbers guy: faster caches and PNG only
  • Unknown cachers - never log anything online, only sign names to on site logs - really do not know what motivates them.

We are usually some offset from one of the above.

There are two kinds of cachers, them that what eat eggplant and them that what don't.
:( I'm in the group that don't.

Fixed.

Sorry, I thought those were typos. I'm a typo maniac so I figured others are too.

Actually it should have read "Thems what eat eggplant and thems what don't". So there was a typo, just not the one you thought.

1) Creative cache lovers

4) Numbers lovers

5) Easy cache lovers

6) FTF lovers

8) Puzzle lovers

We would be in #s 1,2,3 and 9.

I'm definitely a 1,2,3,5,7 and 8. For me, the numbers and the FTF dom't really matter all that much. I'd be in group #9, too, if I didn't work weekends, when all the events are. :)

I love Geocoins! I love finding caches large enough to trade them around, and I love watching my coins go around to other people all over the place. :ph34r:

Oh, and I'm definitely an eggplant cacher. Great stuff! :ph34r: