Taking a sabbatical.

dodgydaved

Can I let all friends, old and new, know that I am taking a sabbatical from caching for what maybe a short time and what maybe a long time.

I am very unhappy about things that have been published about me on this forum, and quite angry about the way a couple of my friends have been treated.

Additionally changing circumstances mean that I will probably get out in the field looking for the d*** (sorry that was very nearly a genuine mistake!) things only occasionally in the next months.

In the mean time all the very best to all my friends out there - especially Ian Patterson from Geordieland - good luck in all you do.

I won't ask for this thread to be closed as I am sure somone will be along to do it very soon!

Lots of love and luck,

Dave

Can I let all friends, old and new, know that I am taking a sabbatical from caching for what maybe a short time and what maybe a long time.

I am very unhappy about things that have been published about me on this forum, and quite angry about the way a couple of my friends have been treated.

Additionally changing circumstances mean that I will probably get out in the field looking for the d*** (sorry that was very nearly a genuine mistake!) things only occasionally in the next months.

In the mean time all the very best to all my friends out there - especially Ian Patterson from Geordieland - good luck in all you do.

I won't ask for this thread to be closed as I am sure somone will be along to do it very soon!

Lots of love and luck,

Dave

I am very sympathetic about your situation, but all I would say is:

COME BACK SOON!!!

Maybe at this year's Binfield Cache Bash.

All the best.

All I will say is....

When I started caching 4 years ago, this forum was a hotbed of chatter and info swapping.... these days it's very infrequently visited by most people, including myself...

Not many people liek the way us Brits were treated a year ago and walked........

You're not alone Dave!!!

Here we go. I have stayed out of this for a long time and this will probably make me quite unpopular.

I rarely post in here any more, not because of anything that Groundspeak have done let me make that very clear. They may not have done the best job at times, it happens, move on.

I am just tired, oh so very tired, of some people turning every situation into an us and them.

I want to come in here and see things about caching, I don't mind the odd charity post (Groundspeak have not said no, they just said ask first). Though in the past frankly it had got ridiculous, every other thread it seemed (an exaggeration yes I know).

So please can we quit the us and them stuff and get on and talk about what we all came in here for in the first place? What was that again? Oh yeah looking for micro's in an Ivy covered tree :(

I rarely post in here any more, not because of anything that Groundspeak have done let me make that very clear. They may not have done the best job at times, it happens, move on.

I am just tired, oh so very tired, of some people turning every situation into an us and them.

I want to come in here and see things about caching, I don't mind the odd charity post (Groundspeak have not said no, they just said ask first). Though in the past frankly it had got ridiculous, every other thread it seemed (an exaggeration yes I know).

So please can we quit the us and them stuff and get on and talk about what we all came in here for in the first place? What was that again? Oh yeah looking for micro's in an Ivy covered tree :(

Must agree completely, lets just make the most of what we have and get on and just be one large group 'Cachers' leave the moaning and whinging to one side or at least, when the opportunity arises, do it face to face.

Like Mongoose39uk I have tended to stay away quite a bit as I just didnt like what was happening here but as it now seems to have slowed right down I pop in and look most days but only rarely post.

Personalli I see nothing wrong with the occaisional post with regards to Charity things but in moderation and if the rule is 'ask first' then ask, if they say no then don't post but do it somewhere else as others will find it through the wonders of technology and if not by smoke signals or something. Maybe people will get into the habit of popping in somewhere else on a regular basis just to check, who knows!