clomp clomp clomp

RedShoesGirl

I guess there really is no such thing as freedom of speech on any message boards I've ever posted to.

actually there is, on the coin matters geocoin forum. not posting the link for obvious reasons.

premium members PAY for the forums and we always have, with no freedom, mods can interpret the guidelines the way they want, doesn't matter if they are wrong or not. the powers that be will support them.

lara

once again earthas heavy-handed clomp clomp clomp on the forum was simply wrong.

the guy talking about hand engraved coins was not offereing them for sale, but simply getting ideas - and seeing how much he thought people would pay. he never said they would not be trackable. much like micke77 never offered them for sale, but simply taking the temperature of the forum members.

when did soliciting an opinion become illegal under the guidelines? let's answer that question, shall we?

and i will post this elsewhere so we can continue the discussion on the other forum since i give ol' heavy-handed eartha about 10 minutes to close this post too, since it calls her poor judgement into question once again.

see you guys in a few days!

RedShoesGirl

im not so sure, the thread sounded like a forum thread for a coin that was being produced, tho he never said he would do it or not ,,he did specificly state it was an idea,, tho if he did decide to go forward with it,, they probably woulda closed the thread anyway. due to tracking... so i stand in the middle of this.. both sides have reasonable points,, and rules are rules,,

my question is where do you or are you allowed to post for a coin that is not trackable,, is there a place becide the trade pin topic?

i think if it is geocaching related ,,there should be a spot to post ALL things related ,,,tracking or not.

I think if you read the guidelines you are allowed to open a thread to trade a nontrackable coin but you aren't allowed to sell the geocoin on the forums. I tend to agree with RSG on some issues but this one I see that the original poster was saying that he would sell them for around 15 but he doesn't say whether they are trackable. The moderator was asking to clarify the trackable issue and she/he would re-open. Others have produced their own trackable coin and have not been shut down so that is not the reason.

Edited by LadeBear68

Communication on the topic of whether or not the coin would be trackable will be between the OP of the other thread and Eartha or myself. As noted, if the coin will be trackable the thread will be re-opened.

If not, the post is not allowed and the OP has been made aware of that.

This was unnecessary and will be closed.

Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect.