Garmin eTrex Vista HCx on sale!

ArtieD

Well, the Source in Canada (Radio Shack) dumped Venture cx's for $80Us last month.

I know it's not a current high-end unit but maybe Wal-mart dumping Vistas is an INVENTORY issue.

ANother poster, in another thread, linked to an excellent article that stated Garmin is way over optimal inventory levels on all lines. I expected price cuts across the board to move the levels down. This is, guessing here, one of those cuts to drop channel levels.

Right now I'm not so sure it's a price cut that signifies EOL for the Vista series. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vista Hcx become the entry level etrex in the not too distant future and be kept on for many years like the monochrome etrex has been.

Just guessing on my part. But at some point Garmin will ditch the monos for good (if they haven't done so already) and trim the etrex line to 1 or 2 units instead of the (I've lost count) number they have now.

It just makes business sense when there's only, what, $50 now at retail between the Top of line etrex and the entry level model?

... its out of stock and back up to $225 so I guess the inventory is down. Will I be kicking myself for not buying it at $165

Nah. Sales come and go... there's hardly ever such a thing as a "last chance" to buy at a good price.

Amazon has it at $190: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PDR1LS/qid=1230041941

Froogle shows a few vendors having it for less, but not sure how current they are (still showing WalMart at $165) or if I'd trust some of the lowest priced vendors.

Edited by lee_rimar