How long to publish a cache?

JABs

OK I am not having any trouble with getting a cache listed but ask on behalf of a freind.

They submitted a new listing over a week ago and still have no reply, they are scared to post a reviewer note as other's before have had trouble from the reviewer for been to pushie. But is not over a week much to long for a reviewer not to even post a note?

Their words -"at forum we may not ask questions about a moderator because we get banned ....... we have to wait patcienly. don't say our name

otherwise we get trouble"

"cachers are waiting more as a month at cache published"

So please tell me why they must wait over a week and I can get a cache published within 24-36 hours?

I took a look at the New South Wales queue. There's nothing older than Dec 5.

There's nothing on hold. Perhaps your friend's cache is disabled. He may have inadvertently check the "this cache is currently active" button on the cache form, or disabled it via log. The cache will not be reviewed unless it's active.

Perhaps your friend's cache is disabled. He may have inadvertently check the "this cache is currently active" button on the cache form, or disabled it via log. The cache will not be reviewed unless it's active.

I see, for example, a cache listing created on November 8th that has been disabled by its owner. Yet, the owner left reviewer notes on November 8th and November 20th for the reviewer to read. If your friend reads the linked articles, he or she will learn that (1) reviewers aren't automatically notified when the owner writes a "note to reviewer" on the cache page, and (2) reviewers don't see disabled caches in the queue of submissions waiting to be reviewed.

Ok the friend in question is not from NSW, Australia or even the southern part of the world.

The three links have already been parst on but still there is an issue of not been able to say anything without reprisale.

Can a mod or someone with inside knowledge contact me and I will give more details.

Ok the friend in question is not from NSW, Australia or even the southern part of the world.

The three links have already been parst on but still there is an issue of not been able to say anything without reprisale.

Can a mod or someone with inside knowledge contact me and I will give more details.

Check this out from the Cache Listing Guidelines.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Finally, if you believe that the reviewer has acted inappropriately, you may send an e-mail with complete details, waypoint name (GC****) and a link to the cache, to Groundspeak’s special address for this purpose:

appeals @ geocaching.com.

Your friend should use that email address.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama

You have a GC#? That would certainly help locate the cache in question.

As far as reprisals for inquiring about a cache, that's absurd.

No wounder, because GC.com indicates that it normally takes at most about 72 hours. Maybe they should not raise expectations. The reviewer will looked at. GC.com and say it does not indicate that at most 72 hours for the cache online, this would have been a reaction of a reviewer

Mod (name removed) has repeatedly said that if people really start to whine then they can repay like buying a car and get text that the cache is notified and that it may take a few weeks before the cache online.

These two quotes have been taken from the a countries geo forum and I hope shows some light.

No wounder, because GC.com indicates that it normally takes at most about 72 hours. Maybe they should not raise expectations. The reviewer will looked at. GC.com and say it does not indicate that at most 72 hours for the cache online, this would have been a reaction of a reviewer

Mod (name removed) has repeatedly said that if people really start to whine then they can repay like buying a car and get text that the cache is notified and that it may take a few weeks before the cache online.

These two quotes have been taken from the a countries geo forum and I hope shows some light.

I don't believe either of these represent anything close to reality. The second appears to be a misunderstood JOKE, probably getting lost in translation.

Honestly, without the actual story as to why one believes they are being treated unfairly, there isn't anything that can really be understood from those quotes. It seems obvious that someone feels they are being misunderstood, but as to why, really is not clear. The best advice that has been given is for your friend to contact Groundspeak if he/she feels they are being mistreated (besides making sure the cache is actually enabled...I have made a similar mistake before)...

72 hours is a goal, not a promise...ocassionally there are other outside forces that can prevent a cache from being listed within that 72 hour goal...

As far as the second commment that was quoted...without the rest of the conversation that lead to that comment, I would have to think someone was trying to make a joke and it was taken the wrong way...

Thank you all looks like the part of Europe that was having a problem now has some 50 new caches all published at once. Some of which I believe to of been outstanding since October.

How did it morph from Australia to Europe? If it were perhaps Austria I'd understand.

The OP is from Australia, and I think everyone just thought the questions concerned reviewers and caches in NSW.

OP was obviously asking on behalf of a European cacher.