PQ virus?

Ed & Julie

I have used the same email provider for years, and get a few PQs a month, and have never gotten the following message (until today):

Your AT&T Yahoo! Mail Virus Protection detected the virus 'Malformed container violation' in the file '143317.zip', attached to the enclosed email message.

We scanned the file using Norton AntiVirus but were unable to clean it. Therefore, we removed the content of the attachment from the message.

Please contact the message sender if you want to receive the attachment. They must clean the file and resend it before we can deliver it to you safely.

Has a Groundspeak changed some setting recently that might trigger a false virus alert?

I have used the same email provider for years, and get a few PQs a month, and have never gotten the following message (until today):

Your AT&T Yahoo! Mail Virus Protection detected the virus 'Malformed container violation' in the file '143317.zip', attached to the enclosed email message.

We scanned the file using Norton AntiVirus but were unable to clean it. Therefore, we removed the content of the attachment from the message.

Please contact the message sender if you want to receive the attachment. They must clean the file and resend it before we can deliver it to you safely.

Has a Groundspeak changed some setting recently that might trigger a false virus alert?

I get this about once a week from AT&T-Yahoo (YUK!). I rerun a copy of the PQ and it comes through without any problem. I complain to AT&T and it continues to happen. I guess either get rid of AT&T and their lousy Yahoo email system or as someone suggested, go to Gmail.

I get this about once a week from AT&T-Yahoo (YUK!). I rerun a copy of the PQ and it comes through without any problem. I complain to AT&T and it continues to happen. I guess either get rid of AT&T and their lousy Yahoo email system or as someone suggested, go to Gmail.

Yah Comcast did the same thing with their virus scanner on the weekly email that was being sent out. I finally got tired of Comcast poisoning my incoming so I went to Gmail for all my Geocaching needs.