Caching, say hello to Krispy!

Krispy Kreme is expanding in the Valley and we want you to be part of the celebration! On Thursday, Oct. 9, three new Krispy Kreme stores will open their doors in the Valley. To welcome these new neighborhood stores to the area, Krispy Kreme is kicking off the Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008, an event that combines its treasured doughnuts with the popular family activity of geocaching.

Geocaching is an outdoor treasure-hunting game in which participants use a GPS system to hide and seek valuable items (called caches). For Krispy Kreme's Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008, 20 hidden caches will be placed across the Phoenix metro area, and participants who find a cache will be rewarded with a “glazed treasure,” such as a coffee mug filled with a coupon good for a lifetime supply of FREE doughnuts or coffee.

If you want get in the hunt, be one of the first 20 customers or teams to arrive at one of the new neighborhood Krispy Kreme stores (addresses below) on Oct. 9 and get a head start on the game! You will receive a free GPS unit, the first glimpse at GPS coordinates for cache locations and a road trip care package. ALL customers will receive the coordinates throughout opening day for an opportunity to participate in the Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008.

Can't make the hunt? You still have a chance to join in the fun! Drop by one of the new stores on opening day and you'll receive FREE giveaways.

In an effort to keep Phoenix 's treasure-hunting beauty, Krispy Kreme is partnering with Keep Phoenix Beautiful as part of its celebration. During grand opening week, Krispy Kreme will donate to the organization 10 percent of proceeds from every dozen doughnuts sold. Keep Phoenix Beautiful is a non-profit organization that promotes the preservation and protection of the environment and focuses on litter reduction, beautification and community improvement.

For more information about Krispy Kreme’s Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008, call 480-325-6789.

New store locations include:

620 E. Roosevelt Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004

2747 E Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016

12629 N Paradise Village Parkway West, Phoenix, AZ 85032

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

http://krispykreme.qm4.net/members/ViewMai...emberID=7426497

Because of my dietary preferences (i.e., raw meat, raw fish, raw dairy, aged rotted raw beef, aged raw fecal material from pastured grass-fed buffalo and wild deer, etc.) there is probably NOTHING on their menu that I would ever want to eat (well, okay, I would gladly eat one jelly-filled donut once every six months; raspberry jelly, please!), but nonetheless, this sounds like a very neat promotion! Totally totally totally fun! And, it will likely turn some more people on to geocaching, which has both it up sides and its down sides!

And, as for the free GPSrs (did I read that right), I hope that they used common-sense and will be giving away only Magellan GPSrs!

Krispy Kreme is expanding in the Valley and we want you to be part of the celebration! On Thursday, Oct. 9, three new Krispy Kreme stores will open their doors in the Valley. To welcome these new neighborhood stores to the area, Krispy Kreme is kicking off the Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008, an event that combines its treasured doughnuts with the popular family activity of geocaching.

Geocaching is an outdoor treasure-hunting game in which participants use a GPS system to hide and seek valuable items (called caches). For Krispy Kreme's Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008, 20 hidden caches will be placed across the Phoenix metro area, and participants who find a cache will be rewarded with a “glazed treasure,” such as a coffee mug filled with a coupon good for a lifetime supply of FREE doughnuts or coffee.

If you want get in the hunt, be one of the first 20 customers or teams to arrive at one of the new neighborhood Krispy Kreme stores (addresses below) on Oct. 9 and get a head start on the game! You will receive a free GPS unit, the first glimpse at GPS coordinates for cache locations and a road trip care package. ALL customers will receive the coordinates throughout opening day for an opportunity to participate in the Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008.

Can't make the hunt? You still have a chance to join in the fun! Drop by one of the new stores on opening day and you'll receive FREE giveaways.

In an effort to keep Phoenix 's treasure-hunting beauty, Krispy Kreme is partnering with Keep Phoenix Beautiful as part of its celebration. During grand opening week, Krispy Kreme will donate to the organization 10 percent of proceeds from every dozen doughnuts sold. Keep Phoenix Beautiful is a non-profit organization that promotes the preservation and protection of the environment and focuses on litter reduction, beautification and community improvement.

For more information about Krispy Kreme’s Glazed Treasure Hunt 2008, call 480-325-6789.

New store locations include:

620 E. Roosevelt Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004

2747 E Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016

12629 N Paradise Village Parkway West, Phoenix, AZ 85032

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

http://krispykreme.qm4.net/members/ViewMai...emberID=7426497

This is totally weird!

Quite a few of their stores have been closed in the last several years, and now they're 'expanding' again?

This is totally weird!

Quite a few of their stores have been closed in the last several years, and now they're 'expanding' again?

The previous KK franchise company in the Phoenix area did itself in with some really bad management choices. This is an entirely new franchise management company.

I actually have Thursday morning off, so I guess I have somewhere to be early Thursday morning.

All of the Krispy Kremes around here closed up within a year or two of opening. :D

It must be a regional liking or disliking type of thing. We had one open in Beaumont (a larger city) a few years back but it didn't take off. Allthough i don't care for KK donuts myself, i think i might be swayed into liking them better if a store reopened here with the same grand opening specials the OP mentioned... :grin:

Yeah, I don't know what it was. When they first opened, there were literally huge lines of traffic, a mile or two long waiting to get to the store. They had to have police on the main road to direct because no one could get around. After a couple weeks, the newness wore off, and it was like any other donut shop to get in, quick and easy.

Not sure if they still do it, but when when the red donut light was on, it meant you could go in and get a free donut. We'd try to time our visits around the light being on. Maybe that's why they all closed.

Yeah, I don't know what it was. When they first opened, there were literally huge lines of traffic, a mile or two long waiting to get to the store. They had to have police on the main road to direct because no one could get around. After a couple weeks, the newness wore off, and it was like any other donut shop to get in, quick and easy.

Same around here. Personally, I think they are greatly over-rated.

Same around here. Personally, I think they are greatly over-rated.

The low carb diet craze took off just as they were doing their massive expansion, so that had to hurt them a bit.