Placing GPS coordinates in a township

springadv

If you are in Oklahoma, I can give that to you in about 10 seconds because, well because I survey.

I don't have the necessary maps for other states. I can't think of any way other than to use google maps or earth to identify the spot, then find that spot on a S/T/R map.

Thanks, I'm in NM but the coordinates are in Nevada. How can I get S/T/R maps of NV ?

"I have a set of GPS coordinates and I want to find out what township, range and plot they lie within."
I have Delorme TopoUSA 7.0 (eastern region) and as I move the cursor over the map it displays in the lower left the township and state you're in. If you enter waypoint coordinates, it does the same. It does not give me the township/range info on unincorporated areas in Maine, however.
"I have a set of GPS coordinates and I want to find out what township, range and plot they lie within."
I have Delorme TopoUSA 7.0 (eastern region) and as I move the cursor over the map it displays in the lower left the township and state you're in. If you enter waypoint coordinates, it does the same. It does not give me the township/range info on unincorporated areas in Maine, however.

Thanks. Does it give both township and range in the lower left corner ?

Thanks. Does it give both township and range in the lower left corner ?

OK - Just checked out Delorem customer service (almost no wait time = may switch from garmin to delorem) and found out that their X Map Pro in conjunction with their TOPO for X Map Pro will identify County, Township and Range of any coordinates you place under the cursor. BINGO !! Ordered them; be here next week. Anyone with questions about how it works out shoot me an email via Groundspeak.

Edited by springadv

That's because there is no STR in Maine. Maine is not a PLSS state, it's a M&B state. It was settled long before the rectangular survey of public lands was even conceived.

I'm glad you found the info you needed. I'll post my 2 cents for others...and future reference.

You can download almost any USGS quad from the USGS website and view it on your computer. You should easily be able to locate your R/T.

Edited by delphic