Lack of information

BrrrMo

I received a Garmin GPSMAP60CSx in August. Have managed the basics from the owners manual but there are so many features not covered in the manual. When I called Garmin they said I have to buy a DVD for more detailed info.

Is there any Web sites that I can go to? :ph34r:

There's FAQ here. Tons of threads about 60CSx, too. There's a Yahoo! group for 60CSx.

You might have to buy a DVD to get more detailed maps, but you'll find substantially more, and better information in these forums than you would from just about anything you could buy from anyone.

Take some time, play with each feature and when you're stumped or confused then, do an online search using keywords of GPSr type and your question(s) e.g.. Google "gpsmap 60cs altitude"

I received a Garmin GPSMAP60CSx in August. Have managed the basics from the owners manual but there are so many features not covered in the manual. When I called Garmin they said I have to buy a DVD for more detailed info.

Is there any Web sites that I can go to? :)

Garmin's manuals are terrible. They tell you what a feature does but don't tell you why you would want to use that feature.

I suspect Garmin is suggesting you buy one of the How To videos out there.

I wouldn't do that. As mentioned above, look through the forums or post a question here. There is tons of information online about that GPS

I'd still like to know what features the OP had questions about.

We're all just sitting here waiting to answer questions.

Since all knowledge is based on prior knowledge, it's quite possible that the OP knows not what s/he knows not. Therefore the OP cannot ask the specific question(s) you seek.

Lost my login capability to this site, have it fixed and will post specific questions in a day or two.

Since all knowledge is based on prior knowledge, it's quite possible that the OP knows not what s/he knows not. Therefore the OP cannot ask the specific question(s) you seek.

Lost my login capability to this site, have it fixed and will post specific questions in a day or two.

Lets try this ? Can you toggle between the go to cache map and the compass without having to Go to Find, highlight cache, hit enter, hit enter again to get to the Cache map? Many more but will start with a simple one.

Sure just hit the page button from the map page.

In the setup menu there is even a way to change what order pages are shown in, or if there are pages that you never use, you can hide them so they don't show.

I personally have the 60CX and never use the compass pags so I have taken it out of my selection so that I don't have to jump past in when going from the map to setup pages.

(hope I understood your question correctly)

If you mean to route to a cache without doing all that I think you do have to select the cache first.

Lets try this ? Can you toggle between the go to cache map and the compass without having to Go to Find, highlight cache, hit enter, hit enter again to get to the Cache map? Many more but will start with a simple one.

The page button toggles on direction, the esc button the other direction. (Think of it as forward and reverse) Both buttons would get you to the screen you want. In time you will learn which doesn't faster from the screen you are on.

The page button toggles on direction, the esc button the other direction. (Think of it as forward and reverse) Both buttons would get you to the screen you want. In time you will learn which doesn't faster from the screen you are on.

Thanks Renegade.

"Quit", not "Esc".

You can also change the order that the pages are in, or even completely remove a seldom-used page from the rotation.

Edited by Prime Suspect

Good point.

I was referring to

...but there are so many features not covered in the manual...

I thought it was a fair question. Sometimes we do better at explaining feature/options rather than just finding them another manual.

I see that RK answered one specific question.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Good point.

I was referring to

...but there are so many features not covered in the manual...

Sorry there, I wasn't picking on you so much as realizing that the other poster had a point we often forget. Sometimes with something new, we only know we want to learn everthing and don't even know what we don't know to formulate the question to ask to begin learning.

Right now I'm learning how to use the OS X on a MacBook. Good thing we have google. The manual sucks. My current problem is viewing an animated GIF. Grrrr... Working around the lack of Rick Click is another (ironicly if you plug in a two button mouse right click works, but there has to be another way to access those options with the single button track pad). My wife is ready to chuck the computer. Funny how you never read about those frustrations though. All I ever read was how brightly your halo would glow once you crossed the divide. The very first thing I had to learn was how to install a program. This was not obvious to me. Drag the icon to the applications folder. So that's what the funny looking folder thing was that when I clicked it opend up something that had nothing to do with installing was for. Ok enough Mac rant.