Free program similar to GSAK?

usedtobelieve

I have gotten to the point where my GSAK is giving me 200 second nag screens and I really don't use the program enough to pay for it. Is there another program that is similar that will just allow me to upload caches into my GPS under GeoCaches? If so, please let me know what it is called or where I can download it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by usedtobelieve

I have gotten to the point where my GSAK is giving me 200 second nag screens and I really don't use the program enough to pay for it. Is there another program that is similar that will just allow me to upload caches into my GPS under GeoCaches? If so, please let me know what it is called or where I can download it.

Thanks in advance.

GSAK costs 6 gallons of gas.. Support Clyde it's worth it.

Since you really don't use the program and can't see paying for it, the stop using it. Instead down load the cache info directly to your gps and print out the cache page for reference. But for a nearly 4 minute nag screen you must have been using it quite a bit. Pony up the registration fee, it really is pretty cheap.

Jim

When I go GeoCaching, I usually only upload 1-2 files and it has added up. I just don't get too crazy with it so I want something that's quick. If I was paying for a premium membership, I could see paying for GSAK but I don't.

I downloaded EasyGPS and it works really fast - just the way I wanted it to. Thanks.

So if you only do 1 or 2 at a time, skip the EasyGPS step install the garmin usb driver and download directly from the cache page. No messing with EasyGPS or any thing else, click, your done.

Jim

Thanks in advance.

No, there is not.

But since you are not a Premium Member, you do not see the great things that GSAK can do for you since you can't get any GPX files that have full cache page information by using Pockey Queries.

As for the Nag, well it'll only get worse.

To get the same features that you currently only have access to, EasyGPS can do that. So can G7ToWin, and perhaps lots of other programs. But nothing else is like GSAK.

When I go GeoCaching, I usually only upload 1-2 files and it has added up. I just don't get too crazy with it so I want something that's quick. If I was paying for a premium membership, I could see paying for GSAK but I don't.

A LOC file is just a text file, you could use NotePad or WordPad to combine many of guts of those into one file and load that into GSAK with only one Nag. But you will get a nag for everything important you want to do such as export to GPS or to a file, filtering and so on...

Edited by trainlove

You have been a "member" for about a year> with 47 finds >no placements....why do you want only programs that are inexpensive, cheap, free? If you think you are some what serious about this geocaching game why not become a "premium Member" $30 year....buy GSAK $30 for life. That is cheap and a good buy for the fun that we are having. We can always find excuses for not paying for "things" we want, but I would say, " get over it and buy what you want when you want it." Needs has nothing to do with it,,,,It is our wants that is so important. I'm not smart, but I learned that many years ago when I 1st wanted something and my mother said that "I didn't need it"...Wow that "thing" became so important to me that I would do anything to possess it. Thank goodness, they invented the "installment plan". I could pay so much a month and it was mine. I didn't care that the interest rate was high....Heck, I didn't know what "interest" was. But I got what I wanted....I was a student, worked part time, etc, etc.....Anything can be yours if you want it......Happy caching and good luck.

I took a look at your profile. Are you a college student? I remember my student days well (they weren't that long ago). I was always broke. It's like that when people expect you to pay $100-$200 for one text book...and every class has at least one or two books. Yikes!

You already know the good new--EasyGPS will do what a casual user such as yourself needs--and it is free. Now that you know it does what you need, relax and enjoy those three or four caches a month you find time to do.

But after you graduate and you're making the big bucks, remember GSAK. A premium membership and GSAK turns loading hundreds of geocaches into something so lightning fast and pleasurable you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. The way you've been using it really didn't show off all the bells and whistles, so you really can't appreciate the power it offers.

I remember my student days well (they weren't that long ago). I was always broke. It's like that when people expect you to pay $100-$200 for one text book...and every class has at least one or two books. Yikes!

I'm glad someone mentioned this, as I was about to. I remember my "poor" days (they WERE that long ago :D ) when eating mac & cheese for supper was a "good" day :laughing:

Not everybody can cough up $30 or $60 when it's something that isn't food, shelter or utility bills. Especially students, who usually get sodomized for costs for tuition, books and supplies, not to mention housing :laughing::(

And not everyone is willing to go further into debt to buy a membership and a geocaching utility tool :(