Anyone using the FindStatGen Macro for GSAK?

George&Heather

Well, I know a lot of people are using the macro by looking through some profiles but I have a question hopefully someone can answer. My lone FTF does not show up in my generated statistics. I have the section included in the options but it doesn't appear in the final html output. Does the record in GSAK need to be specifically marked as a FTF? Does that need to be done on gc.com? Any one else have this issue?

-George

Also if you have any caches that you have placed you will need to create a database for them and then input the name of this database in the macro.

Furthermore, GSAK will use that database to produce statistics about the number of finds for each of the caches, who has found them, and a metric for number for finds on your caches vs. number of caches you have found. However, by default the GPX data downloaded only contains he five most recent logs so these stats will not be accurate for any cache you own with more than 5 logs. You need to use the AddLogs macro to pull in all of the logs for each cache (unfortunately it has to be run once for each cache owned).

There's one other glitch that I noticed but it really doesn't have anything to do with GSAK. There is one cache that I found that is close to the California/Nevada border. When submitting a new cache to be published one of the pieces of information required is the "State". The site doesn't, however, check if the coordinates entered are actually *in* the state selected. In this case, looking at maps and from visiting the site the cache is clearly on the Nevada side of the border, but the listing has it in California. This wouldn't matter except it's the only cache I've found in Nevada and I want to color in Nevada on my state map in my stats. Whenever I downlload a My Finds pocket query I have to update that one cache and change California to Nevada so that my map correctly reflects the states in which I've found a cache (now up to 15, along with 5 countries and three continents).

remember also that once you have the proper boxes checked GSAK will capture any of your logs that have "FTF" in them. So be careful about saying something like, "Went for the FTF but was 15 minutes too late." That one will show up on your FTF list.

Are you sure. I thought the actual FTF column had to be marked on the cache. I had to manually go into my found database and mark all my FTF's before they would be picked up.

remember also that once you have the proper boxes checked GSAK will capture any of your logs that have "FTF" in them. So be careful about saying something like, "Went for the FTF but was 15 minutes too late." That one will show up on your FTF list.

Are you sure. I thought the actual FTF column had to be marked on the cache. I had to manually go into my found database and mark all my FTF's before they would be picked up.

There is a another macro available (DbTextSearch) that will search all of the logs in your database for each occurance of “FTF” or any other text you choose. The macro will automatically check the FTF box each time it finds the specified text. If you use this macro then you'll need to be careful how you enter your logs. In a case like hukilaulau's, I use F-T-F instead of FTF so the macro won't pick it up.

Well, I know a lot of people are using the macro by looking through some profiles but I have a question hopefully someone can answer. My lone FTF does not show up in my generated statistics. I have the section included in the options but it doesn't appear in the final html output. Does the record in GSAK need to be specifically marked as a FTF? Does that need to be done on gc.com? Any one else have this issue?

-George

The macro does not automatically recognize that you were the FTF on the cache. You have to mark it as such in the GSAK database. If you have a separate database for your finds, this is easy. Select the view menu and click add/delete columns. Make sure the "First To Find" option is checked. Click ok and go back to the table view. You will see the FTF column and a checkbox for each cache. Check the box on the row of the cache that you found first then regenerate your stats. Should work.

The macro does not automatically recognize that you were the FTF on the cache. You have to mark it as such in the GSAK database. If you have a separate database for your finds, this is easy. Select the view menu and click add/delete columns. Make sure the "First To Find" option is checked. Click ok and go back to the table view. You will see the FTF column and a checkbox for each cache. Check the box on the row of the cache that you found first then regenerate your stats. Should work.

There is a different stat generator (I think it's cache stats?) that will, if memory serves, look through the logs for FTF or First to Find and list them when it does it's report.