Geocaching Celebritys

GeoHowerz

This is a different topic to my Celebrity Geocacher. THis is about Geocaching Celebritys. IS there a well know geocacher in your area? DO they have tons and tons of finds? Are they always FTF before you are? Do you always search for their caches, since they are great hides? WOuld you like to nominate anyone from your area?

I found about a geocaching celebrity after hiding 2 in the Lehigh Valley area in PA. Everyone tries to FTF before he does. He has tons of finds and FTFs. His Geocaching name is Tyson Sprandel.

This is a different topic to my Celebrity Geocacher. THis is about Geocaching Celebritys. IS there a well know geocacher in your area? DO they have tons and tons of finds? Are they always FTF before you are? Do you always search for their caches, since they are great hides? WOuld you like to nominate anyone from your area?

I found about a geocaching celebrity after hiding 2 in the Lehigh Valley area in PA. Everyone tries to FTF before he does. He has tons of finds and FTFs. His Geocaching name is Tyson Sprandel.

Hmmmm, interesting take on celebrity. I think you're confusing fame or the lighter shade of infamy with celebrity.

A celebrity is a widely-recognized or famous person who commands a high degree of public and media attention. The word stems from the Latin verb "celebrere" but they may not become a celebrity unless public and mass media interest is piqued. For example Virgin Director Richard Branson was famous as a CEO, but he did not become a global celebrity until he attempted to circumnavigate the globe in a hot air balloon.

Jeremy is a celebrity in the geocaching context.... barely. ;)

Flagman, RocketMan and I got to meet Jeremy in Vegas. Nice guy.

I also got to meet Signal, but I totally forgot to get a photo of that historic moment...

f381e404-72e2-4eda-a1ee-59c316917db6.jpg

In my area KroBro is pretty popular, at least my daughter (PrincessPea) thinks so. He got to 3 caches before us so anytime we find one she makes me check to see if hes been there yet.

Jeremy is a celebrity in the geocaching context.... barely. ;)

I would say Snoogans is a geocaching celebrity; I know I was very excited when I got the chance to meet him!

Nope. I can't be by definition. I would say infamous, blatant self-promoter. :)

ROFLMAO! I got woke up from a deep sleep by a call from Pepper and 30 minutes later I was 4 Wheelin' with YOU man. I was probably more excited at the time. I don't move that fast for just anyone. You're more of a celeb. :)

Edited by Snoogans