COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Armadillo[1].png

Hi, where did you come from?? Good to see you here!!

Where did I come from? I've been laying low the last couple of days. Road my geobike to school Tuesday and Wednesday and both days had a few near misses. Tuesday a Jeep decided to perform a rolling stop as I was coming down a hill. I had the right of way but some how he didn't see me even though I was only wearing a really bright neon yellow jacket.

Safety Message: When approching an intersection if there is a cyclist almost to it don't speed up. Let the cyclist go first and don't cut him off by turning right. This happened to me this past Saturday.

Hey, Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!!!!!

How the help is 31 11.818 105 26.787 a puzzle??????????????

How about a lil hint,

a real hint ,

not look where I am, look where I was, look where I'm gonna be..............................

Drive Safely!!!

He is probably thinking about one while he is wathcing that movie. right now though I am so tired taht if he did give us one I couldnt' make head nor tails of it! LOL

Night all!!!!!

Hey, Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!!!!!

How the help is 31 11.818 105 26.787 a puzzle??????????????

How about a lil hint,

a real hint ,

not look where I am, look where I was, look where I'm gonna be..............................

Drive Safely!!!

I don't know if I really want to give too many hints...Look where I was...Look where I am. Look at all the info you can get from the questions, combined with the answers. It has something to do with the preciceness of telling you that I was at Flying J at both ends(that's important)...I'm thinking that I should make this one for an outright prize, instead of a place in the drawing. When you take all the details provided by the answers so far, combined with the details provided in the questions, you might be able to draw some conclusions. It's NOT easy, and rather obscure, but it'll be worth it to the winner. Find one of those puzzle experts for some help.

I'm going to have a lot of trouble coming up with clues that will not make it too easy. Let's see if no one has won the Coin for that question by tomorrow night, then I'll give the clues I can, and bump it back to a spot in the drawing. We're still waiting for the place I stopped for lunce. We know I saw an Armadillo after stopping in Del Rio, but I didn't have lunch there. I did stop in Van Horn, but only for coffee. Keeping track of where I was might be helpful.

DING!! DING!! Please send in an email for the folder.

You had Lunch in Eagle Pass, TX

Look twice for bikes

I was planning on stopping in Del Rio, but just before I got to Eagle Pass, I got to the and of a long line of trucks that were being held up by a slow truck at the front. There were two more behind me, and the one at the rear was in a big hurry, and was driving dangerously. He passed me AND another truck all at once, in a no passing zone, coming up a blind hill. A car on the other side and I both had to go onto the shoulder to avoid him causing a big Pileup, so I decided to stop for lunch and let those guys get well ahead of me.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Rod, I think a hole in one earns a Coin!! Send me your address. The best I ever saw was a Chip In from about 30 Yards, over a bunker and a Knoll(Correct term??). The guy couldn't figure out where his ball went, since he couldn't see the hole when he hit it!! I was watching from the road nearby, and had to jump on the horn, it was amazing!!

Correct term!! Or bunker could be used in some cases!

We golfed a lot, my Dad loved golfing!! We'd go to Alabama in the winter months to play the Robert Trent Jones trail courses, some really really nice courses including PGA courses out there!! We'd also travel near and far in Michigan once a week to play courses nearby, one we played happened to be the course we lost the regional match on (that tourney waqs worth a cool $10,000...DANG). Having been there a few times (we went down to practice a couple times before the regionals), my older brother and I knew the layout, but we were the only ones lol.

First hole is a long 402 yards with out of bounds on the left, a marsh on the right and a big knoll in front hiding a small pond which protects the green right behind the pond! I crushed my first shot and had about 100 yards in for the second, but my younger brother (who can hit the ball like a rocket...like I did when in high school and before my back injury) oudrove me, but to the far left (almost out of bounds). Dad hit first (he's not a long baller, but a steady eddy down the middle...and a good putter) and we saw water splash up from behind the knoll (or bunker)...bringing a chuckle from the crowd. My older brother hit and ended up on the green, then it was my turn. I pulled out my trusty sand wedge, caught that ball crisp and watched in awe as it bounced once behind the hole, then spun wildly backwards...right into the hole!! An eagle on a par 4!!! Only time I ever did that!!

Another, we were in league at the course and on the 5th hole (I holed the 3rd in the tourney in question), it's 187 yards, so I had my 9 iron in hand. Lined up, smacked that ball squarely and we started encouraging the ball since it was heading straight for the hole!!! My Dad and his partner were my younger brother and my opponents, we were cheering away as the ball came down....smack dab in the cup. No bounce, no roll, it landed dead in the cup!! We went crazy!!!! A hole in one during league means the golfer wins $100 from the league, but the prestige is far more valuable!!!

While we're high-fiving and jumping about, I notice the flag had started to "wave". In about 10 seconds time (although it felt like an eternity), the wave turned into a more pronounced wave, we all looked on as the wave suddenly shot the ball straight up and out of the hole! The cheers died right there, we saw the ball fly up about 5' in the air, then proceed to roll right off the green (and the cup was in the center of the large green)!!! :D I ended up with a PAR since the hole in one (or any holed ball) only counts if the ball is picked from the cup by hand (it must stay in the cup). The only thing we could figure was, the ball hit that flag so hard, it gave it energy to start moving, the waving motion dislodged the ball from the hole and shot it into the air...NEVER saw anything like that before!!! We still won the match lol.

Hey Robert, just bring the coin with you to LHD!!! and THANKS!!!!

The celeb you got autographs from?

Willie Nelson

Look Twice for bikes

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

Willie and crew were scheduled to play at our county fair that year (probably in 1990 or so???) and had come into town the night before. That morning, the group had called to see if we could accomodate them, which we of course could!!. Well, none of us boys knew this, we were out working on the greens that morning, but we came in for an early break and play some video games (we had an arcade in the clubhouse) just as Willie walked in. I didn't even see him, I was playing, but my brothers did...and never said a word! There was a large crowd in the clubhouse, but not one person really noticed Willie and crew.

When break was done, my brother told me to get an autograph from Willie...I looked at him confused, so he told me Willie was there. I ddn't believe him, of course, but went to my mower and was on the hunt!! Sure enough, there he was, shirt off, hair down and looking like a hillbilly (no shoes and a pair of shorts....just like I play, no shoes), so I approached and he graciously gave me his autograph. Well, someone saw this and the next thing I knew, there was a crowd around poor Willie!! A few of our members hounded him a hole or so before finally leaving the poor guy to golf, he played 36 holes!

After he was done, they all ate at the course, we got pictures and more autographs and he was on his way, sunburned and all!! That night at the concert, he not only mentioned the golf course, he dragged one of our members up on stage with him (she was seated in the 3rd row and he spotted her)...WOW!!

Sorry about my long stories, a night of little sleep leaves me "chatty"!!

That was back when Willie was in IRS trouble. Didn't look like it to me though, what an entourage!!

Hi Roddy,

I didn't sleep much euther as you can tell from the time of my posts.

I was laying there, thinking about Roberts Puzzle, GRRRRRR,

and Jessica Simpson was on a commercial, and I thought of the joke that she was in Duke's when, BAM, Willie Nelson!!!!!!!!!!AS soon as I thought it , I KNEW it was right!!!!!!!

Who do I send my entry to , You or Robert??????????

Opalsns

I forwarded your winning entry to Robert, CONGRATS Opalsns!!!

A clue on the age thing, this will also help to figure out the year...I never golfed, never even touched a club...until we bought the course. I was, however, on the varsity golf team 4 straight years in high school!! Anyone having an idea of my age should be able to narrow it down a bit with that clue!!!