nightcaches/lost places in scotland

Kono

Hey there,

i'll travel to scotland next month. gonna go from dover to scotland, traveling about for about three weeks and returning afterwards. i prefer nightcaches, lost placesand caches with a more or less high terrain rating. i've been looking for some of these in scotland using the gc website but i didn't find really good ones :-(

there are lots of bookmark lists for this kinds of caches at my place (e.g. this or that one). unfortunately i didnt find similar ones for england or scotland. this is wy i would be very thankful for a few suggestions! for sure i'd also like you to suggest other great caches which are not a nightcache/lost place.

best regards,

kono

/edit:

I'll sketch our route briefly: Dover, Camebridge, Lake District, going northwards at the west coast, Isles of Arran, Kintyre, Islay, Skye, north coast, Inverness and Loch Ness, area between Inverness and Aberdeen (cause of the distilleries :laughing:), back to Dover somehow. This is just a sketch, we wanna be flexible and a bit spontaneous. We've got a car and about four weeks of time.

Edited by Kono

i prefer nightcaches, lost placesand caches with a more or less high terrain rating. i've been looking for some of these in scotland using the gc website but i didn't find really good ones :-(

I think you will find that there are no German-style nightcaches in Scotland and very few "Lost places" (and then they are not labelled as such).

The only lost place I remember off-hand is: Football Fever - the area is well worth a visit if you like lost places.

Although there are many caches that can be done at night, the only cache I know in Scotland that you can only do at night is: Edinburgh Night Lights , maybe not quite what you had in mind.

As for high difficulty, try these in Edinburgh:

Follow the Arrow

Souvenir Exchange 2

Or check out this bookmark list

i'll travel to scotland next month. gonna go from dover to scotland, traveling about for about three weeks and returning afterwards. i prefer nightcaches, lost placesand caches with a more or less high terrain rating. i've been looking for some of these in scotland using the gc website but i didn't find really good ones :-(

Up near my mothers in Aberdeenshire is a place called Lost :laughing:

Easy to find if the sign post hasn't been nicked. Again!

Kev

Hey there,

thanks a lot for the present answers. i just added a sketch of our trip.

/edit:

I'll sketch our route briefly: Dover, Camebridge, Lake District, going northwards at the west coast, Isles of Arran, Kintyre, Islay, Skye, north coast, Inverness and Loch Ness, area between Inverness and Aberdeen (cause of the distilleries :rolleyes:), back to Dover somehow. This is just a sketch, we wanna be flexible and a bit spontaneous. We've got a car and about four weeks of time.

/kono

Edited by Kono

I don't know what counts as a lost place, but I really want to do GC15R7M cache when I get a chance. I have stayed in lamlash, overlooking the bay, and holy island is a very inspiring site. Unfortunatly that was before I started caching and before that cache was set, so I will just have to go back :rolleyes:

editted coz linky didn't work

Edited by jenandberry

I can personally recommend Findlater Castle (GC122XM)- it is an awesome place and well worth exploring. Just be very careful if it's wet as it can be slippy and dangerous! It's a nice walk from there to the nearby Sunnyside-up cache too..

On your way up through Scotland I would also recommend finding Three Bridges (GCT0HK) - it's not particularly remote or lost but there's something a bit special about the place.

Edited by muttoneer

I can personally recommend Findlater Castle (GC122XM)- it is an awesome place and well worth exploring. Just be very careful if it's wet as it can be slippy and dangerous! It's a nice walk from there to the nearby Sunnyside-up cache too..

On your way up through Scotland I would also recommend finding Three Bridges (GCT0HK) - it's not particularly remote or lost but there's something a bit special about the place.

:yikes::P:P:D

They are MY hides! I'm so pleased you liked them. I grew up in Portsoy which is about 3.5 miles east of these caches.

:P

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for your recommendations! We are going to start in about 24h and we chose about 15 caches we wanna look for. It is going to be really interesting, a night cache, a few traditionals and multis, lots of earthcaches will hopefully be found :anibad:

I will let you know about our experiences afterwards

Kind regards, kono