Feature request GC Google map - hide disabeld

Katzenohr

Archived caches don't show on the map. Disabled caches show as a different color. Orange?

They are shown slightly more grey than normal caches (at least on my maps/browser). Especially on printings you can't tell them apart.

Anyway - what's the point of seeing disabled caches in maps beside of information for hiding new caches?

Often, seeing a cache on the map is my first heads-up that a cache I was planning to hunt had recently been disabled.

Disabled caches show up in search results and on maps in order to be annoying. The phrase is "TEMPORARILY disabled." If a cache in a parking lot one mile from the owner's house has been disabled for four months, and you're tired of seeing it show up, write the owner or log a "Needs Archived."

slightly more grey than normal caches (at least on my maps/browser). Especially on printings you can't tell them apart.

You're right, the color change could be better, something that would more strongly distinguish active from disabled caches. I don't print those maps, but I understand your point.

Hi,

I'd appreciate a feature to hide disabled / archived caches in GC google-maps, like

"Hide My Finds" and "Hide My Caches". This would help to clean up some map prints.

What do YOU think about it?

thx

Katzenohr

I would absolutely LOVE to have that check box! As meager as my vote is, it's a yes.

I would absolutely LOVE to have that check box! As meager as my vote is, it's a yes.

And what is to be done to get such a feature realized from programmers / developers?

I already asked Groundspeak, but they advised me to discuss this here.

Perhaps more people could tell their opinion about such a feature, plz.

Anyway - what's the point of seeing disabled caches in maps beside of information for hiding new caches?

Disabled does not equal missing. Often I had two or three DNFs from experienced cachers that I disabled until I can get out there only to have another cacher find it after it was disabled and before I can get there.

That said, a way to filter out finds like on the nearest caches on your My Account page would be great.

Being able to filter those out is a premium member function.

That (and)

I haven't found

I have found

I don't own

I own

Are available to all users

Are for members only

Are not on my ignore list

Are on my watch list

Found in the last 7 days

Have not been found

Have Travel Bugs

Updated in the last 7 days

Is Not Active

Is Active

And if you click this icon map_magnify.png next to your PQ then you will have a Google map display your filtered results.

Edited by Vater_Araignee