Caches for Vacation

~Mark~

This year I cached my way to Myrtle Beach. I looked for caches that brought us to places for a reason. I checked out the following caches.

A Child Not Forgotten

There Be Gold . . .

Many Gallons of Prop Wash

and many others. Now I have to admit this is the way to vacation. TeriAnn and I liked it so much that we were thinking of doing a caching vacation. We are not sure where we are going yet, or if we are going to even have a destination.

What I am asking all of you is to give us some ideas of cool caches,

• That are close to a major road
  • That don't take her deep into the woods
  • Are worth driving a substantial distance to see
  • Not just guardrail caches unless there is a good reason for the cache.

I found that I love earth caches, and vertuals. The wife loved not going deep into the woods.

So I would love serious input, and like I said before, we don't have a destination, just a desire to see America.

Well, I would of course suggest the APE cache near Seattle, Washington. It's really a special cache and the walk there is one you'll definitely remember. It might be too "deep in the woods" for you since it's about 2.3 miles to the cache through a dark tunnel, but it's all flat and a straight path. I'm no hiker, I can't walk up to the 3rd story of our building without getting a bit out of breath, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the APE cache.

This is great! Already I am going to Michigan and Indiana! Keep em coming! I was stationed in Bremerton, and would love to make it back to Seattle, but I think that is going to be a vacation all it's own.

Edited by Bigdaddy Mark