Trouble with GSAK

azrunner1

Hi. I am new to geocaching but have been having alot of fun since I started. I downloaded the GSAK program to get waypoints by pocket queries . I can load them onto my computer no problem. They will show up on the GSAK table but I cannot download them from the GSAK table to my GPS. I get a message that it is not detecting my USB connection to my GPS. I can download caches directily from geocaching.com to my gps using my usb connection and not have any problem. Anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this problem? Also how do I find my geocaching.com i.d. number? The GSAK popup box asks for it before trying to download.

Thanks

The best place to ask GSAK support questions is in the GSAK support forums at GSAK.net.

You can find out your member number by hovering over your information here in the forums or on the forum posts link on your profile page. This is explained in the GSAK help documentation. Your member number is 1758745.

Hi. I am new to geocaching but have been having alot of fun since I started. I downloaded the GSAK program to get waypoints by pocket queries . I can load them onto my computer no problem. They will show up on the GSAK table but I cannot download them from the GSAK table to my GPS. I get a message that it is not detecting my USB connection to my GPS. I can download caches directily from geocaching.com to my gps using my usb connection and not have any problem. Anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this problem? Also how do I find my geocaching.com i.d. number? The GSAK popup box asks for it before trying to download.

Thanks

Sorry about this last error post. Getting to learn this forum system. Thank you both for your input. I will check on GSAK.net. I don't get anything but a hand to click on my user name when I hover my mouse. I'll keep trying. Thanks for posting my number.

Hey there,

The other 2 folks provided you with your number, but for your own reference, when you put your cursor over your own name and it turns to a hand, look down at the very lowest left corner of your browser window (I'm using Internet Explorer), and it will show the entire link of your post while you've got your "hand" over your name.

At the very end of that entire link is your user number.

Hope this helped,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin and Chris, those last tidbits helped me locate my member number. However, the message I get on GSAK is [ERROR[ Setupdienumdeviceinterfaces: no more data. Is the Garmin USB Unit 0 powered up and connected? I have Garmin and USB checked in the setup box.

Thanks Kevin and Chris, those last tidbits helped me locate my member number. However, the message I get on GSAK is [ERROR[ Setupdienumdeviceinterfaces: no more data. Is the Garmin USB Unit 0 powered up and connected? I have Garmin and USB checked in the setup box.

As Keystone mentioned, the best place to go to for GSAK issues is the GSAK forum on their website. It's likely the guy who wrote the application will be the person to help you.