Seattle Art & Seek Waymarking Challenge

OpinioNate

If you happen to be in the Seattle area anytime over the next six weeks, you may be interested in a new contest we're running over on Waymarking.com. It could be worth up to 10 shiny new Waymarking Bounty Geocoins for your collection (or as some nice swag for your caching adventures).

This is a true scavenger hunt where you find art around the city of Seattle with only very basic clues. I hope you can join us!

Are you up for an artful challenge? The Seattle Mayor's Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs and Waymarking.com announce the creation of the Seattle Art & Seek Promotion!

Beginning July 14th, participants can seek out and waymark official works of art around the city of Seattle. Find and create the best waymark for each and you may be eligible to win a limited-edition Waymarking Bounty geocoin!

For official rules and more information visit the Seattle Art & Seek category.

Edited by OpinioNate

Seattle Seattle Seattle...it's always about Seattle! What about the south end huh? Tacoma has a lot of public art too ya know :)

Seriously though, cool contest! Almost makes me want to go up there and snag a few.

Have whoever handles your public arts contact us. This project can be done all over. The Arts & Cultural Affairs Office initially contacted us about the project and we'd be happy to run any other region.

Seattle Seattle Seattle...it's always about Seattle! What about the south end huh? Tacoma has a lot of public art too ya know :)

Seriously though, cool contest! Almost makes me want to go up there and snag a few.

Have whoever handles your public arts contact us. This project can be done all over. The Arts & Cultural Affairs Office initially contacted us about the project and we'd be happy to run any other region.

Sounds like a great promotion!

Hurry: a few of the art targets for this week have already been waymarked, and we didn't even get to the weekend yet. Each week, a few more art targets will be added to the list.

Am I correct in my understanding of it that at the end of the week, the existing listings will be removed and the new ones will be listed? Can we still submit waymarks for this week's listings after the 20th? Sorry for my confusion :rolleyes:

While we were a little disappointed to get home after spending the entire day at Seattle Center only to find that someone beat us to most of them there, we had a great time checking out the art! We'd seen it a million times but before yesterday could not have told you the name, or anything else for that matter, of any of what we got info for!

OK, I'm really confused now. When I look at that WM category, I don't see any WMs published. Yet the last two posts seem to indicate that they are there.

Art that has the strike through it on the list of art is supposed to have already received a submission. It does say that one can still submit a waymark just the same though. While I'm not sure, I believe that no waymarks are listed because the judges will vote and approve at the end of each week.

OK, I'm really confused now. When I look at that WM category, I don't see any WMs published. Yet the last two posts seem to indicate that they are there.

Art that has the strike through it on the list of art is supposed to have already received a submission. It does say that one can still submit a waymark just the same though. While I'm not sure, I believe that no waymarks are listed because the judges will vote and approve at the end of each week.

You got it. We will review the previous week's submissions on the Monday following the release. The reason we did it this way instead of first come, first serve, is because we emphasize quality over speed of submission. Otherwise people might submit a waymark with coordinates and a one word description as a placeholder. All of this is lain out in the official rules, but I know contest rules are not always page turners (ok, never).

See item #2 in the official rules for basic information. And keep those waymarks coming! :rolleyes:

Gak! I noticed after the fact that we were supposed to include our mailing address in the private message section if we wished to be considered for the coin... <_< So much for me reading the rules :P

I can't edit the four I submitted. If I cancel the submissions, do they get trashed or can I then edit?

Any help appreciated... I love Waymarking, but I love geocoins even more :D

A question regarding submitted waymarks... if we submit a waymark for a location listed, but it isn't marked, or now removed altogether, from the list of sites to visit, does that mean our waymark was simply rejected for whatever reason? Not questioning reasons or anything, just wondering if that is what it means. I had submitted a waymark for Black Sun, but it's still on the list of waymarks available from last week.

Gak! I noticed after the fact that we were supposed to include our mailing address in the private message section if we wished to be considered for the coin... :unsure: So much for me reading the rules :laughing:

I can't edit the four I submitted. If I cancel the submissions, do they get trashed or can I then edit?

Any help appreciated... I love Waymarking, but I love geocoins even more :laughing:

If you cancel you can edit in the information and then at the bottom of the page you have the option to resubmit. It shouldn't be a problem to do this but (disclaimer) I am not involved in the contest I do not know for sure how they would handle the resubmit.

Gak! I noticed after the fact that we were supposed to include our mailing address in the private message section if we wished to be considered for the coin... :laughing: So much for me reading the rules :laughing:

Any help appreciated... I love Waymarking, but I love geocoins even more :unsure:

If you cancel you can edit in the information and then at the bottom of the page you have the option to resubmit. It shouldn't be a problem to do this but (disclaimer) I am not involved in the contest I do not know for sure how they would handle the resubmit.

You're fine. I grabbed your address from one and just counted up your successful waymarks and added it to your total. You're up to 5 coins! Only 5 more to go. :laughing:

A question regarding submitted waymarks... if we submit a waymark for a location listed, but it isn't marked, or now removed altogether, from the list of sites to visit, does that mean our waymark was simply rejected for whatever reason? Not questioning reasons or anything, just wondering if that is what it means. I had submitted a waymark for Black Sun, but it's still on the list of waymarks available from last week.

I just hadn't completely updated that list yet. I believe I got them all now.

For everyone else, there are still plenty of waymarks yet to be found, so be sure to get out there and earn your geocoins!

On the list from last week, two that I posted are still on there. They are "Cloud Stones" and "Astronomy by Day (and Other Oxymorons)".

I had so much fun with this last week! Sadly since I have more than 10, I guess that I am done. :unsure: Wasn't sure how many of mine would get posted (it turned out that they all did), so I did a lot of them.

I will have to visit the ones that others have posted.

Gak! I noticed after the fact that we were supposed to include our mailing address in the private message section if we wished to be considered for the coin... :unsure: So much for me reading the rules :laughing:

Any help appreciated... I love Waymarking, but I love geocoins even more :laughing:

You're fine. I grabbed your address from one and just counted up your successful waymarks and added it to your total. You're up to 5 coins! Only 5 more to go. :laughing:

WTG Intolerable! I see a trade in our future :laughing: