What do you do with FULL LOG Sheets?

Ok I was wondering what people do with full logs? I have a micro that has a short log sheet close to the house and I take a photo and posted to the cache.

What do you want people to do if they find a log of yours full?

I have found full logs in micros and wondered if I should just pull the log and replace with a new or what?

Some owners either can't or don't go put new log sheet in very quickly.

Does every owner receive notices when their cache has been found? I do but thought maybe you could set this to not send you an email. I like to know when people log a find or DNF so I can keep my caches checked on and new log sheets added if needed.

Just wondering,

I think I'll start pulling full logs and putting in new ones.

Batman :P

I keep mine, they are a nice reminder of the people who visited, I have old logbooks with names of cachers who aren't even around anymore.

All owners get an email every time somebody logs their cache, now if they pay attention to the email that is another question. We all have lives and going back to change a log is not always a mater of just going out the door we all have priorities, but there are times were it becomes evident that the owner is either no longer interested or the cache that was placed was not as accessible as it should be to them.

Edited by AV Dezign

I keep mine, they are a nice reminder of the people who visited, I have old logbooks with names of cachers who aren't even around anymore.

All owners get an email every time somebody logs their cache, now if they pay attention to the email that is another question. We all have lives and going back to change a log is not always a mater of just going out the door we all have priorities, but there are times were it becomes evident that the owner is either no longer interested or the cache that was placed was not as accessible as it should be to them.

Hey, AV. Just curious, do owners also get an email when a note is posted to the cache?

Hum...BTW wonder why this thread is in OT land....

Hey, AV. Just curious, do owners also get an email when a note is posted to the cache?

As long as you own the cache or have it in your watchlist you get every post on it,, notes and all. The only thing you don't get is a modification of a post, such as one converted from a note to a find or whatever.

As long as you own the cache or have it in your watchlist you get every post on it,, notes and all. The only thing you don't get is a modification of a post, such as one converted from a note to a find or whatever.

Oh good. So if I go back and correct a spelling error the owner doesn't an extra email. That's good to know. Not that I make a bunch of speling erors.

We store all filled log sheets and logbooks and old log books from archived caches in a top dresser drawer as an intermediate storage area, and then, as soon as feasible, we migrate the now-out-of-service-but-of-vital-historical-importance logs to a safety deposit box in a bank vault, where they are archived for a minimum of 11 years, as per the logbook retention requirements of US federal geocaching law and international geocaching conventions.

We store all filled log sheets and logbooks and old log books from archived caches in a top dresser drawer as an intermediate storage area, and then, as soon as feasible, we migrate the now-out-of-service-but-of-vital-historical-importance logs to a safety deposit box in a bank vault, where they are archived for a minimum of 11 years, as per the logbook retention requirements of US federal geocaching law and international geocaching conventions.

Translation: File 13

If an Off Topic thread is moved to the General forum, can people post off-topic replies?

Even more importantly, I know that post to the Off Topic forum do NOT count toward total post count (there are some rather prolific posters that hang out there with very low, even zero, post counts). If a thread is started in OT, people post there, then the thread gets moved to General, do the posts suddenly count?