linking memory map and cachemate on a mio P560

Are you using GSAK? I use the following scripts in the GSAK Export to Memory Map option in the Link box:

\cmate:%code

This links the icon in MM to the Cachemate file. You may need to prefix it

\storage card\cmate:%code

I also use Internet Explorer on the Mio to view cache pages so use the GSAK script

\Storage Card\Cache\%code.htm

To create the HTML files I use the GSAK export to HTML which puts them in a folder called 'cache' which I copy to my storage card.

Chris

I've also been trying to do this, but there doesn't seem to be a link box in the MM export settings? There is a "Use local URL" box, but that's all. Whatever I put in this box, it creates the http link. Any ideas?

(GSAK ver 6.6.5)

I'm not at home at the moment, but I'll look again this evening if no one has replied.

2 things to consider. Firstly, I can't recall if you need to use the Memory Map export or the Custom Export.

Secondly, is there a tick box on the form that says Use Defaults. This needs to be empty...

I use a TyTyn (Kaiser) with Memory-Map and Cache Mate.

However, behind all this is the amazing GSAK.

Is this the way you want to go?

I export a .csv file from GSAK to Memory-Map, then export the data to PocketNav on the PDA.

I export a .gpx file from GSAK to Cache Mate and manually paste the file via ActiveSync.

Within Memory-Map, I use the icon set developed by various cachers - primarily LordElph and installation support from BCNorwich.

When I double click on the cache icon within Memory-Map on the PDA, Cache Mate opens up at the appropriate matching cache offline.

When I double click on the cache icon within Memory-Map on my desktop PC, my browser opens up at the appropriate matching cache online.

As an extra, I export a GSAK .gpx file and then use Spoiler Sync to download those all - important spoilers that can also be opened up from Cache Mate.

Two other exports from GSAK (both .gpx) go into my Garmin Map60CSx as Custom POI's.

And another GSAK file goes to TomTom on my TyTyn.

Getting the settings correct within GSAK is the key here to how these exports work within each of the separate applications / hardware.

All of these exports are automated in a GSAK export macro by one click on a macro toolbar button.

Now there's also the "in field logging" using CacheMate and uploading the change log file back to GSAK after a caching trip to open up the relevant GC.com online page, copy and paste my field note into the cache page and then move on to the next cache.....

Macro support from BigWolf and the GSAK macro forum.

Sincere thanks to those cachers mentioned above - without whom I would still be using paper....

OK, bottom right corner of the Export Memory Map CSV File dialogue is a box labelled "link". In this, tpye,

\cmate:%code

exactly as above.

You imply you have no link box at all - are you sure?

Secondly, halfway down this dialogue box, in the centre, is a use defaults tick box which needs to be unticked.

Just to clarify, this is the dialogue box you get when you go to

File-->Export-->Memory Map.

If none of this matches up, can you confirm what version of GSAK you are using? Its in the blue title bar at the top of the screen...

Dave

GSAK version (as stated above :yikes:) is 6.6.5

& this is my File-->Export-->Memory Map window

gsakpm6.th.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1980/gsakpm6.jpg

ah - missed that earlier! Unfortunately, you are using a rather old version of GSAK, which looks like it doesn't support these bits!

You have two options - attempt to try and discover what the various setting should be using the Custom Export macro, or upgrade your GSAK version!

both are probably best done here!

FWIW, I'm using version 7.5.1.13, which was up to date yesterday!

GSAK version (as stated above :yikes:) is 6.6.5

& this is my File-->Export-->Memory Map window

gsakpm6.th.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1980/gsakpm6.jpg

ah - missed that earlier! Unfortunately, you are using a rather old version of GSAK, which looks like it doesn't support these bits!

You have two options - attempt to try and discover what the various setting should be using the Custom Export macro, or upgrade your GSAK version!

both are probably best done here!

FWIW, I'm using version 7.5.1.13, which was up to date yesterday!

looking at your image, it might still work - try ticking the box for use local URL. Keep the code the same as you have, that looks correct.

Thanks for the replies folks:

@ Purple Pineapple, I've tried that but unfortunatly it gives me a "missing xref.txt in HTML folder"error. Any idea why this is? I've tried creating an HTML folder & an xref.txt file, but still the same error.

@ The Blorenges, I use Lord Elph's icons anyway, you can use macros just the same in ver 6 which is why you see the icons.txt macro generation in my settings. I'm trying to do it without paying $10 just to add a box where I can put a URI address!

I had it working using a custom export and GPS babel on my other machine, but I would have thought it would be possible now without all that hassle, but it seems not. ;)

Edited by melmur

Oh boy, so complicated all I have to is tell my Geocache Log that I want to create a .csvfile using LordElphs icons that are in turn linked to a set of text files that will be stored on the storage card of my Mio PDA. The text files contain all the cache info/note/hint and at least the last 5 logs. I click create files and voila it is all done, it then take me a couple of minutes to copy the files to the PDA and to export the MMap date as well.

Cant be doing with all the other stuff and palaver.

Cheers

Oh boy, so complicated all I have to is tell my Geocache Log that I want to create a .csvfile using LordElphs icons that are in turn linked to a set of text files that will be stored on the storage card of my Mio PDA. The text files contain all the cache info/note/hint and at least the last 5 logs. I click create files and voila it is all done, it then take me a couple of minutes to copy the files to the PDA and to export the MMap date as well.

Cant be doing with all the other stuff and palaver.

Cheers

each to their own, but I find one of the most useful features of MM is the ability to link an icon on the map directly to the locally stored cachemate database entry, simply by double clicking the icon. I then log the cache in cachemate, and return home and download all my logged caches, with notes, and automatically open the cache page for logging.

I'm not sure how you handle the recording your logs and DNFs in the field?

Anyway, somewhat OT! Back to melmur, I'm almost certain its possible, I just can't recall how, as I haven't used that GSAK version for over a year I think! As Chris Blorenge said, there are some huge benefits with the new GSAK version, but if you really want to stick to your one, then a trawl through the GSAK forums might be in order - don't forget to set any date range for a search to a while ago! Alternatively, post a new message and see if anyone can remember!

I too believe there is a way to do it in GSAK v6, although you won't regret paying the extra to upgrade to v7.

One of the last updates to version 6 of GSAK introduced some changes to how URIs were handled in the MM export which meant that both HTML and Cachemate links were difficult to create. The CSV file needs to have the backslash in front of the Cachemate URL, so that when the MM overlay is transferred to a PPC, it isn't changed. My memory is a bit hazy. I think the way round it was to use a bit of macro code as suggested by Edgemaster (or do a Replace All in Excel on the CSV file before importing into MM) :

See post #11 http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=162271

The thread relates to HTML export but applies to Cachemate as well.

Bit more info here

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=159687

and here on the GSAK forums:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=3344

Hope that helps.