Ignoring Caches by Hider

Is there a way to ignore certain users and their caches?

I know that I can ignore the caches by clicking "ignore" from the cache page, but I don't want to go through individually and click ignore on each cache page if I can ignore them all an easier way.

I tried to search forums and didnt find anything. Thanks.

A while back someone a lot brighter than me opined that you could accomplish this through a GSAK macro?

While this would work to keep said hider's caches out of the GSAK database, they would still be included in a PQ, which depending on how prolific they are could be a bit of a problem.

I know that I can ignore the caches by clicking "ignore" from the cache page, but I don't want to go through individually and click ignore on each cache page if I can ignore them all an easier way.

GSAK.

Just download your PQ, import into GSAK, Search, Filter, In the Set Filter General page, paste the owner name in the Owner field, click GO, confirm your filter is correct then select Waypoints, Delete waypoint(s) and click the radio button next to All waypoints in filter.

Voilla! Import your filtered PQ into your PDA & GPS and you're all set!

Lot of work but it works.

GSAK.

Just download your PQ, import into GSAK, Search, Filter, In the Set Filter General page, paste the owner name in the Owner field, click GO, confirm your filter is correct then select Waypoints, Delete waypoint(s) and click the radio button next to All waypoints in filter.

Voilla! Import your filtered PQ into your PDA & GPS and you're all set!

Lot of work but it works.

If you check the box "Also stop future imports adding back in" on the Delete Waypoint dialog, you won't ever see them again - they are still in the PQ, they just won't be added to GSAK.

Oops! I am sorry that you are finding it necessary to block my Psycho Urban caches and Psycho Backcountry caches, but I guess that this is a lesson to me that I cannot please everyone!

:)

B)

;):DB)

Oops! I am sorry that you are finding it necessary to block my Psycho Urban caches and Psycho Backcountry caches, but I guess that this is a lesson to me that I cannot please everyone!

B)

;)

;):D:)

B) Nah..you are good. I might have to consider it if I am ever over that way caching. I think your caches would kill me if I tried them ;)

It is not that tough to go to all the pages for a cache owner who's cache you want to ignore, and click on 'ignore'. Set your GPX for 'That (and) are not on my ignore list'. Each time you download GPX files, check for the ofending cache owner's name, and click on 'Ignore". This does not take very long to do.

Sigh. Modern America! Gotta have a techie way of doing something that is simple enough to do anyway.

you know, i just don't want to have to go to every page of the prolific hider who drunk-called me last year and hafta manually ignore each one.

i want them automatically ignored so i don't have to see their sorry-butted name on my screen ever again.

Yeah, I hear ya!

But really, how hard can it be with what we have?

I suppose everyone has a different idea for what qualifies as a 'prolific' hider, but how many are there?

100?

200?

I think I could chug through a 100 cache list in a short afternoon session.

Once they're ignored...gone forever as far as you know!

200 might take most of a day, but then you'd be putting a big dent in your ignore list capacity...might be better to ignore them via GSAK, but then you're chewing into PQ space!

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

;)

:)

;)B);)

B) Nah..you are good. I might have to consider it if I am ever over that way caching. I think your caches would kill me if I tried them :D

I knew that... I was just teasing you! Thanks again for your note of a few weeks ago about the Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters, by the way!

Lessee. Cacher C hid another five caches this week. Should take me about five minutes to put on the ignore list! Probably all in lamp posts in the Wal-Mart.

I don't see why this is so difficult that we need specialized software to do it for us.

need? not particularly.

it'd be nice though. people i'd rather ignore keep hiding caches near my house and i have to wade through my PQ to check any nearby cache to make sure it's not a cache that, once i get there, i won't log.