Castle Coins & Pins

Matlock75’s V1 Compass Rose Geocoins

MatlockBlueNickel.jpg

MatlockFriendsOnly.jpg

MatlockGreenGold.jpg

MatlockTradeOnly.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

These BEAUTIFUL geocoins were designed for my great friend Holger “matlock75” on geocaching.com. Holger and I decided one night while chatting we needed to do a personal coin for him and the final product I am sure you will agree is fantastic!

Can you say Compass Rose? If you liked some of the other compass rose designs out there in the geo-world you are sure to love this one. Each section of the design has a different 2nd level texture to give the ultimate light reflection and the colors were selected by Holger and I to bring out the very best mixture of design and flare (the same flare Holger shows in his dedication to our sport).

A LITTLE ABOUT MY FRIEND AND THE COINS:

This is the Fist Personal Geocoin from Matlock75. He is a German Geocacher and also a Moderator from the Green Forum (Germany), he moderates the Geocoin Forum. The front side of the coin pinpoints the Location where he lives (at the tip of the dart point). Also included is the date, when he began Geocaching. You will find a Mystery Symbol near the bottom, this marks where he was born. The town is called Munich and is also the government capital of Bavaria. A few weeks after he was born his parents moved with him to Untermeitingen a little city in Bavaria. He grew up in a village near Schwabmünchen, the area where you will see the Symbol of the Traditional Cache. The footprints will show you his path from Munich, to Schwabmünchen, and to the town where he lives today (Rheinstetten) near Karlsruhe and the border to France. You also find the map of Bavaria on the right side and the Map from Baden Württemberg on the left side (Matlock75’s home regions). Playing Soft Darts and doing “tricks” with his Stunt Kites prompted us to add these for a personal touch. The kite shows the flag of Baden Württemberg and the German Flag (black, red and yellow (gold), as shown on the Dart Flight which represents his heritage. The stars on the outside are a secret addition only known to Holger. Ask him about them to find out why they are on these coins.

Minting:

There are 2 different regular editions 1.75” x 3.5mm (3-D), trackable with icons:

Polished Nickel with Blues, Reds and Gold colored enamels, glitters and glow in the dark moons.

Polished Gold with Greens, Reds, Gold colored enamels, glitters and glow in the dark moons.

TRADE ONLY EDITION (20 minted) Minted in Gold and Nickel 2 tone, with Golds, Purples, glitters and glow in the dark moons. (Only available from matlock75)

FRIENDS ONLY EDITION (10 minted) Minted in Nickel and Gold 2 tone, with Blues, Golds, glitters and glow in the dark moons. (Only available from matlock75)

Price: $10.49 each

Hey all,

i´m really proud of my first Geocoin! Wooohoohohohohoooo!

Jim made a really good Job, i think so :)

I can´t design well, so Jim had to do the most of the Coin. He got very cool ideas, about this Coin. I made just a little bit on it.

It was really funny, to make this Coin and send some pictures over the big sea! :D

Thank you so much for this Coin Jim! Great Job!