Logging/Posting under different ID

tsunrisebey

Ok, I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe someone can give me a clue because after 45 minutes of working on this I've lost all patience.

I am on a laptop and I just signed a new member up (premium membership, so there is posting rights). However, after logging out of my 'tsunrisebey' account and logging in the other member here is where the trouble starts.

The other member can easily log into the geocaching.com portion but when trying to log into the Groundspeak forums the same message keeps popping up. Username/password incorrect.

The other member has filled out the profile, logged in and out at least 10 times to try to reseolve the issue. I can easily log back into the GS forums under my 'tsun' account but can't get the other member loggged in under the GS account to post in the forums.

I restarted my computer after having logged out of the tsun account. Does this seem like a cookie issue that I have to manually go in a remove?

Any help is appreciated before I rip out all my hair. Thanks :laughing:

tsun

Ok, I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe someone can give me a clue because after 45 minutes of working on this I've lost all patience.

I am on a laptop and I just signed a new member up (premium membership, so there is posting rights). However, after logging out of my 'tsunrisebey' account and logging in the other member here is where the trouble starts.

The other member can easily log into the geocaching.com portion but when trying to log into the Groundspeak forums the same message keeps popping up. Username/password incorrect.

The other member has filled out the profile, logged in and out at least 10 times to try to reseolve the issue. I can easily log back into the GS forums under my 'tsun' account but can't get the other member loggged in under the GS account to post in the forums.

I restarted my computer after having logged out of the tsun account. Does this seem like a cookie issue that I have to manually go in a remove?

Any help is appreciated before I rip out all my hair. Thanks :laughing:

tsun

It could be a cookie issue. Try clearing out your cookies under Tools - Internet options for IE or under Tools - Clear Private data for Firefox (I don't know which one you are using).

I've cleared all my cookies, tried logging in from different links but nothing seems to be working. It's just the GS forum that seems to be an issue :laughing: I restarted my puter after I cleared cookies and that didn't seem to make a difference either.

Might have to drop GS a note unless someone can give me an answer that I haven't already tried.

To clarify; I logged out completely from both my GC acct. and GS acct., logged back in under the other id which works fro GC but when I try GS, it won't let me log in for the forums under the other id.

I think you have the same eMail address for both accounts. Get another address for your new account and I guess the account will be OK at the forums.

Yes, I do! Thanks, I'll try this suggestion when I get home :ph34r:

Well I changed the email addy and it worked right away! (Hence this post under my dog's acct, lol). Thanks much for the suggestion., not sure why changing the email adress to a different one worked but it did.

Thanks for the other suggestions folks, I had tried everything everyone suggested but for some reason nothing worked until I changed the email addy.

Thanks on behalf of (tsunrisebey) and Tristin GeoK9!