Posting "Solved!" notes to out-of-area puzzle caches.

There is a current thread here that was talking about a puzzle cache, and in the course of things I solved it. I went to post a note saying so and saw that another geocacher had done the same thing.

I have placed 3 caches, all of them puzzles. I like dreaming them up, and I like solving them. I have had a couple of local cachers post notes saying they had solved puzzle caches of mine, which to me is almost as good as finding the thing (but not quite *wink*). I reckon they will get around to finding them at some point.

Is it considered good form to post a "solved-it" note to a puzzle cache that in all likelihood you will never "find" ?

I think I would be pretty flattered if a long-distance cacher solved one of my puzzle caches, but I'd like to know the accepted protocol.

To clarify: not posting a "Found It!" just a note.

Seems like a good idea to me, if you solve mine I'd love to know about it. I've posted notes to caches and Bugs before even when I never saw them or would have a chance to find them. I think most players would like to hear about it. That's the spirit of the game, to share ones experience with a Cache or Bug. If you solved a puzzle, of even just enjoyed reading a Cache or Bug page, that's your experience with the item. I just wouldn't get bent out of shape if an owner feels differently and deletes the log or asks you to. No one has ever asked me to delete one of those logs.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Seems like a good idea to me, if you solve mine I'd love to know about it. I've posted notes to caches and Bugs before even when I never saw them or would have a chance to find them. I think most players would like to hear about it. That's the spirit of the game, to share ones experience with a Cache or Bug. If you solved a puzzle, of even just enjoyed reading a Cache or Bug page, that's your experience with the item. I just wouldn't get bent out of shape if an owner feels differently and deletes the log or asks you to. No one has ever asked me to delete one of those logs.

Agreed, though I don't post a note on everyone I solve just sometimes, depends on how I feel. :D:)

I think I would be pretty flattered if a long-distance cacher solved one of my puzzle caches, but I'd like to know the accepted protocol.

To clarify: not posting a "Found It!" just a note.

I am quite happy when I find out that people have figured out a puzzle of mine. The more notes the merrier, I think. It makes the locals think even harder when they know that it can be done.

Try this one, double encrypted. Fishy View <_<

If I read this cache page correctly it actually welcomes it:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...33-ed33ad9cbae0

Cerebral Codex - GCVJXQ

You should try it.

steel City Babes

Wow I just looked at the other forum and it is indeed one of the puzzles in the above cache. Maybe the key is different though.

I bought the book Cerebral Codex isbn 978-1-4116-8284-9 and it is on page 41.

Steel City Babes

There's a member in Fort Worth TX, Lotus , who has dozens of archived puzzle caches. He allows and apparently encourages finds on these and his non-archived caches. The finds after archiving are from people who haven't found the cache ( 'substitute cache') and many haven't even been caching in Texas.

There's a few people in our area who have logged hundreds of finds like this.

Edited by cataclysmcow