G.P.S. The Hunt is On

We have heard a lot about geocaching documentaries. Recently, we learned of a feature film thriller involving geocaching. GPS: The Movie, also known as G.P.S., follows a group of adventure seeking college kids who embark on a GPS treasure hunt in the Northwest wilderness. They are led to believe they will find two million dollars in cash. When they arrive at the treasure location they find what appears to be a grave. They dig up the grave to find a small coffin. What they find inside is shocking. Are the contents of the coffin real or is it all part of the game?

From the trailer it appears to be a mix of a James Patterson novel and The Blair Witch Project. Despite its low budget look, it has received some positive reviews on IMDB.

The film was the winner of the Best Local Film at the Tacoma Film Festival.

Currently, it is only being screened in Texas.

Has anyone seen this movie?

A group of us cachers, most of which played GPS The Game (movie promo) two years ago, went to the showing in Houston last Thursday night. We organized it too late to make it a smiley event, but it was fun nonetheless. The movie was a campy, slasher/thriller, but pretty well done for a low-budget indie film. Daniel Magill, who played one of the central characters in the movie was in attendance! The opening sequence is a two-car chase scene on a winding forest highway. What are they racing to? Why, an FTF, what else!!! :ph34r:

Edited by HoustonControl

A new GPS the Movie Geocoin is available that has a treasure code on the back to unlcok a special game at Gpsthegame.com The geocoin and movie will be a special set of puzzles you can play without having to get into the larger puzzle game.

A new GPS the Movie Geocoin is available that has a treasure code on the back to unlcok a special game at Gpsthegame.com The geocoin and movie will be a special set of puzzles you can play without having to get into the larger puzzle game.

Anybody know if there are (have been) plans to put the movie out on DVD?

I read that it's coming out in September or October on DVD, but I don't remember where I read that. From what I read it's not going to be released everywhere, so they ask you to tell your local retailer that your interested in it so they can order it.

Edited by mouse88621