Activating Multiple GeoCoins at one time.

2~Sherlocks

Hi,

I don't know that I'm doing this right so be nice.

I have created my own geocoin. I can activate them one at a time but that is a long and cumbersome process. Is there anyway to activate a group at one time.

Thanks

Not that I am aware of. I know it is cumbersome, but that is the way it is for now. Sorry.

Hi,

I have created my own geocoin. I can activate them one at a time but that is a long and cumbersome process. Is there anyway to activate a group at one time.

Thanks

Why do you want to activate them all.... :unsure:

One by one, because they have individual, unique tracking numbers.

And yes, why activate them all? Are you selling any? Gifting any? Trading any? Then you might not want to activate them. If you will allow others to own them, they may want to activate them themselves.

Hi all ...

I know this may be a bit off topic, but I noticed his geocoin and icon are the Green Bay Packers logo. Now, first things first, I'm not going to sit here and scream "trademark violation"!! I actually think it's a neat coin.

I'm asking because my avatar - that I call "Smiley G" - features a character wearing what appears to be a Boston Red Sox hat. (see my avatar to the left) I considered making it into a geocoin myself, but am a little gun shy about using the stylized "B" on the hat for the coin. Any thoughts? Is there a policy on this ... or is it a "I hope nobody really notices" thing? Where is the line? Are there "fair use" laws for trademarked logos for something like a personal coin made at your own expense? Another example of a recent geocoin that features a trademarked logo that comes to mind is one that depicts the green smiling guy from the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a 2007 coin).

If this would be more appropriate in its own thread, please feel free to split it out.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Western Mass Clan

Hi all ...

I know this may be a bit off topic, but I noticed his geocoin and icon are the Green Bay Packers logo. Now, first things first, I'm not going to sit here and scream "trademark violation"!! I actually think it's a neat coin.

I'm asking because my avatar - that I call "Smiley G" - features a character wearing what appears to be a Boston Red Sox hat. (see my avatar to the left) I considered making it into a geocoin myself, but am a little gun shy about using the stylized "B" on the hat for the coin. Any thoughts? Is there a policy on this ... or is it a "I hope nobody really notices" thing? Where is the line? Are there "fair use" laws for trademarked logos for something like a personal coin made at your own expense? Another example of a recent geocoin that features a trademarked logo that comes to mind is one that depicts the green smiling guy from the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a 2007 coin).

If this would be more appropriate in its own thread, please feel free to split it out.

Thanks,

Matt

Just change the stlye of the "B" a little. :laughing:

Hi,

Thanks

Why do you want to activate them all.... :laughing:

All of moun10bike's are activated? Maybe they wanna release them all.

It would be really great if there was a way to activate multiple coins at once, or at the very, very least be able to set some defaults for location, etc so that you didn't have to trawl through lists each time.

If I am activating a number of coins at the same time, and they are the same type of coin, etc then I have a text document sitting open with the 'Coin Name', 'Mission' and 'Description' pasted in there, and I just copy and paste across into the appropriate fields as I activate each coin. This speeds things up considerably!

Hi all ...

Thanks,

Matt

Every registered trademark is protected by law. Trademark laws should be followed if you want to avoid future lawsuits. The Boston Red Sox do not own the alphabet, but they own that style B, and you would need their express written permission to use it on anything. But there should be no reason you couldn't use a different style B. Here is a recent thread on the subject if you wish to post there.

And now back to our topic at hand....

Suggestions for changing the way the website works only make change when posted in the geocaching.com website forums. That's where the people who make the changes hang out.

Thanks for the comments.   I don't necessarily want to do them ALL at one time but if I drop 4 coins on one day in the same state, it would be easier to do it once rather that go through the whole process 4 times.

As to the question about copyright.  You are absolutely correct.  I got permission from the Green Bay Packers Football team before I had the coin made.

• Funny 1