Is it acceptable....

H1Rich

hmmm, what could it be...

Yes, you can revisit a cache to pick up a travel bug.

Yes, you can claim a find when out hunting with another person and they found it first.

No, you should trade even, trade up or don't trade at all.

No, put the cache back exactly where you found it.

Yes, but then let the cache owner know so they can do maintenance.

Edited by BlueDeuce

You guys are funny. :D I don't know what happened? After trying to post, the forum timed out and my post was lost. It was late so I went to bed. I didn't realize it made an empty thread. Weird.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if it's acceptable to take two things from a cache - of course leaving two. I geochache with my two kids and well, if any of you have kids you know why I'm asking. :)

I've been trying to have them take turns taking one thing from a cache but then it doesn't end up even if we find an odd number.

Of course we wouldn't take anything like 2 travels bugs or geocoins etc. They seem to pick the silliest stuff anyway. :D

Thanks everyone. :)

Nothing wrong with trading two things but I would use it as a chance to teach them that things are not always even.

I know what you mean. Most of the time the every other thing is not an issue - but once it was my daughters turn and my son saw something in the cache that he had to have. When I reminded him it was his sisters turn, he had a meltdown. :D

Not to give the wrong impression of him - he is a good boy and so far it's the only time it's happened. Sometimes you just see something you have to have. :D Next time I'll know it's okay.