Geocaching in Warwickshire

Hi,

And welcome to the world of caching.

There are quite a lot of us in the Warwickshire/Worcestershire area and all are very friendly (well, the ones I have met are :anibad: )

As Mrs B has already said when the others stop caching they are likely to drop by in here and say hi at some stage but if you fancy going to an event try the Cachewalker one this Sunday 30th March. Whilst based in the Cotswolds a few of the Warwickshire people will also attend this and you would be made to feel very welcome (and the walk isnt compulsory!).

Also if you need any help with caching etc just shout and one of the locals will help

Otherwise hopefully we will bump into you at some stage

Take Care

Schnarff

xx

Hi GooseberryBev,

Welcome to the hobby addiction.... I'm in Coventry and most of my caching is Warwickshire based. Happy to help with any questions you might have on any local caches or geocaching in general - can double up for team caching if you don't mind getting up at 5am on Sat/Sun mornings!!

Moggoly.

Hi all!

We're relative new-comers to geocaching based in Leamington Spa and were wondering if there are any clubs / groups based in Warwickshire?

Hello, and welcome, from another cacher based in Warwickshire (although technically, living in Coventry).

As other people have said, there's not much in the way of group caching, but some of us do occasionally meet up in fields in the middle of the evening, especially when there's a nice juicy FTF to find.

There are plenty of good caches scattered around the Leamington / Warwick area. If you're new to the area they're a good way to get to know some of the attractive places - if not you probably know some of the locations already, but won't know there are caches there.

There are occasional pub get-togethers in the area. Keep an eye on the website and you should spot them.

A big hello back to everyone who has replied - we were slightly worried about the reception 'newbies' would get. We obviously had nothing to worry about :D

We found our first cache only four days ago and already we've been planning where we can find the next. I think you're right moogoly, I can see this turning into somewhat of an addiction. Not too sure about the 5am start mind... but that aside, it's ok though yeah? I mean, we can stop anytime we want? *ahem*

We've joined cachewalker and everyone looks jolly friendly - how long has everyone been at it? We can't make this Sunday unfortunately but will definitely look out for the next meet up. Have a pint or two for us :D

Neither of us can drive at the mo so we're planning on walking / bussing it to every one we can get to from Leamington. Can anyone recommend some good 'uns?

Thanks again for the warm welcome we've received, it has been much appreciated!

Peter (Gooseberry) and Chris (Bev)