Batteries

JHudsonFCA

What kind of batteries do you use in your GPSr and how long do they normally last?

I use the Energiser Lithium ones, I have been out 3 different full days ( prolly 20 hours total ) on the current set and it still shows full 3 bars of battery! They sure are expensive though, I think I paid 23.99 for an 8 pack at Radio Shack.

Welcome to the Forums! :(

I use Rayovac "Hybrid" rechargeable batteries. The four I bought will probably last two or three years, or more, and they cost less than $10.00 at Target. :D

Hopefully when I go caching this weekend I can get to a Target because I was in in Wal-Mart yesterday and couldn't find the Hybrids anywhere!!! But I want to get a set of them for sure!

Welcome to the Forums! :blink:

I use Rayovac "Hybrid" rechargeable batteries. The four I bought will probably last two or three years, or more, and they cost less than $10.00 at Target. :unsure:

Hopefully when I go caching this weekend I can get to a Target because I was in in Wal-Mart yesterday and couldn't find the Hybrids anywhere!!! But I want to get a set of them for sure!

Our Walmart has Kodak brand which are 2100 mAh batteries, and for some reason Kodak doesn't call them hybrids, but I'm sure they are. If you look at the top of the package they say precharged and another place says lasts four times longer. $7.88 for a four pack.

I got some of those Energizer NiMH batteries in 2005 and they worked good for a couple of years, but stopped holding a charge after two years of use. They might have lasted longer if I had not used the 15-minute Energizer Battery charger I got with them . . . :unsure:

Same here -- I used those for a while, and I loved that they could be charged in 15 minutes -- I just didn't realize that I was killing them by charging them that way. :blink:

I've since switched to the Rayovac Hybrids and Sanyo Eneloops, and I use the 8-hour charger than came with the Rayovacs.

One really nice thing that I discovered: I had thrown away most of the burnt-out Energizer rechargables, but still had a few pairs left. I put a pair of them in their 15-minute charger one day, and got the dreaded blinking red light of death. I was about to toss them, when I decided to try them in the Rayovac charger. 8 hours later, they were all charged up and back to life. :blink:

I was dissapointed in the rechargable batteries I got but after reading a thread on this site I got eneloope batteries and a charger from thomas distribution. THe charger is awesome! I got LA CROSSE BC-900 Battery Charger kit which came with la crosse batteries and eneloops. The eneloops had a paper stamped with a date from 2006 but were almost fully charged when I got them.

I'm going to try and reconditon some of the other rechargables I have. I can use them in things around the house that are not essential, like my radio I carry around the yard.