Best Buy City Navigator Update

Just wondering if anyone took advantage of the 2008 City Navigator Map Update at Best Buy. $50 after "savings". Seems like a good deal. Or, am I missing something here? Never saw a discount for maps before.

There are usually "sales" of some sort amongst the various vendors on the maps. Prices can vary widely.

Maybe the deal is prompted by the impending announcement of V.2009 maps ???

It seems the new version are at least announced in April or May.

Tim

Last time I was on the Garmin website, it showed this update available for my NUVI and I was able to request it for free from Garmin. Not sure if that was because of the timing of my purchase (within the last year) or not, but I'd check there before I bought it!

Maybe the deal is prompted by the impending announcement of V.2009 maps ???

It seems the new version are at least announced in April or May.

The 2008 CNNA NT update came out July 12, 2007. I don't think they announce them that far ahead of the release date.

I can't remember exactly.... but I think that the "Regular" version of 2008 came out a month or so before the "NT" version of 2008.

I don't know why.... but that's sort of what I recall from last year. Or maybe it "realeased" but it was not "available".

I wonder if it will be the same this year ?

Tim