Micr-Oh-No!

Have you ever been searching www.geocaching.com and found some perfect caches for your next adventure? And then as you begin to write the coordinates to your GPS unit you realize they are micros!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Some of the best searches are for micros, but they can also be the most frustrating to find. I have received quite a chuckle from some of the micros I have found. There is one in a nearby park that is an old Airborne bottle. It was painted green and camoflaged. The reason I knew it was an Airborne bottle; I could still smell the orange flavor...or was it pink grapefruit?

I have also found micros hidden in fence posts. In one case, a person cut a portion of a wooden fence post, hollowed it out, and then put in a micro. The fence post was put back in place and looked perfectly fitted. There is a micro where I live that is fit in another type of fence post.

What other great micro's and micro locations have you discovered? Share your thoughts here.... <<URL removed by moderator due to commercial content>>

Edited by Moose Mob

Hmmm.....Just how many micros have you found? 'Cuz going by your profile it looks like you have no finds of any kind........ :laughing:

Obviously they felt compelled to create a 3 day old zero find account to pose that question. :D

Does it smell like socks in here? I think I smell socks.

How about instead of whining about the person not having recorded finds, you contribute to the topic? <_<

Some of the micros I remember seeing have been M&M's Minis tubes, 35mm Film Canisters.

Those evil micros (the magnetic bullets or Bison containers) are really tough to find! There aren't around me to go find as far as I know, but I'm planning to place a couple soon.

we had heard of those hollow" rocks" ,you know the ones they sell at the key shops, but had never ran into one. well we were going for this particular cache done by a well established cacher in our area ,the kind of cacher that allways gives you a run for the money.

it goes like this, gpsr settled down, we're thinking geeze he couldn't be that far off, make another circle, its gotta be here, yeah he's devious .

all the time we got the hiking staff and moving the the debris , rocks limbs,now it's

going on 45 mins. don't know what made us reach out and actually pick up one of the rocks. that was it one of those hollow jobbers painted to match the real thing! develish deception love it!

Edited by dagger dog

How about instead of whining about the person not having recorded finds, you contribute to the topic? <_<

Some of the micros I remember seeing have been M&M's Minis tubes, 35mm Film Canisters.

Those evil micros (the magnetic bullets or Bison containers) are really tough to find! There aren't around me to go find as far as I know, but I'm planning to place a couple soon.

How about you don't feed the troll, who has come here with an agenda to promote a website that has been removed by moderators from 2 of his 3 career posts, and not accuse people making humorous comments about sock puppets of whining? :P

Oh, I can't comment, I hate all micros. ;)

I actually prefer micros, but it probably depends where you are. When I lived in Chicago, there were many very clever micros and nanos in the city. Out in the suburbs, more of the traditional caches.

Now that I'm in Boise, I find that the vast majority of the traditional caches, aka ammo cans, are extremely easy to find. Just look for a pile of rocks or branches, and there it is.

JMHO.

There's a cacher here in S. Oregon who is an ace at creating micro caches. I'm not sure whether he thinks these up himself, or whether he's gotten his ideas from other places (he's found a whole bunch of caches), but being new at this game, I can tell you that he has made my learning curve very steep, and I feel very gratified when I find one of his micros. He loves rocks and camo tape! I think its important for Geocaching to have large containers so that kids can have fun with the goodies and feel like they're really on a hunt for treasure, but lets face it, us oldsters don't need dollar store stuff, its all about the challenge, and with the GPSr's available today, getting on top of a cache is pretty easy. But once you're there, let the micro fun begin!

How about instead of whining about the person not having recorded finds, you contribute to the topic? :laughing:

Oddly enough...all three of the posts by the OP have had URL's removed due to a commercial content...

That reminds me...where are my socks??? I know I washed them last night...darn washing machine ate them again...

Micros...some good...some bad...I just search for any when I can!!!