Parent and teen+ cachers.

Zolgar

So, tons of people go caching with their younger children. It's great, gets the kids out of the house, off the couch.

I'm wondering though, how many cache with their teenagers, or even adult children? (.. Oxymoron there.) And, who got who started caching?

Sometimes I (23) go caching with my parents (RedSky Aussies), I got them hooked on it, too. <_<

My son(now 17) started caching with outdoor adventure group a couple of years ago. He then really wanted a GPSr--he saved some money and with a gift certificate to EMS was able to get a yellow etrex. Then he got me hooked. We cache together often and attend local events, too. He and a friend formed team and they have about 4 hides also.

My 14 & 18yr old "children" sometime still come with me - though normally only if the caches are a good size. I got them hooked on the unusual/strange treasures that could be found 3-4 years ago and they still get a kick out of finding odd things for trading.

However, after dragging my 75 yr old Mother through some rather steep and bush-clad gullies, as well as a few thorny hunts she tends to decline the offers these days :anibad: