North Carolina Geocaching License Plate

superstardj

Hi, I am in the process of trying to possibly get the state of North Carolina to make a Geocaching license plate available. I am waiting on a callback from my legislator about this. I think we have to have 300 applications (not sure if they have to be paid or not) before they will make the plates. I didn't know if someone has attempted this in north carolina or not. Let me know if anyone is interested as I am sure that alot of people would be interested in this.

Thanks,

Superstardj

Is there a geocaching license plate in ANY state? Florida has dozens upon dozens of specialty tags (to the point where I don't see how they keep up with what state the tags are from) but I would like to see a GC tag. I just switched from the old Share The Road tag to the new Trees Are Cool tag.

I moved here from NC and like the First In Flight tag.... :laughing:

I would also like to see one... it was discussed here a while ago I'm sure, but maybe bring it up here again to gauge interest..

http://ncgeocachers.org/modules.php?name=Forums

Your link only takes me to the greater Forum page - I do not have time to go through all of it looking for the one you are talking about. Can you narrow it down?

I am right now on the net to renew my plates (Save the Sea Turtles). I guess these new ones aren't going to be approved and come out before the end of the month.

I thought I had read about a petition for some other new Hiker plates. Anybody know anything about them?

I would also like to see one... it was discussed here a while ago I'm sure, but maybe bring it up here again to gauge interest..

http://ncgeocachers.org/modules.php?name=Forums

Your link only takes me to the greater Forum page - I do not have time to go through all of it looking for the one you are talking about. Can you narrow it down?

No, because I couldn't find it earlier on either :laughing: All I remember was extremely little enthusiasm about them, mainly because I think most people who'd want vanity plates already have their 8-letter choice on the standard NC plate, and wouldn't want to spend more money to get a whole new plate with less choice of characters. I suggested he post a new thread to start talking about it.

Edited by Maingray