CacheCam pictures

Yesterday I retrieved and processed the disposable camera in GC14DA5, my first-ever cache. It's full of photos of intrepid cachers finding it, and it's quite cool to see the results. :D

I'd like to post them online and get people to identify themselves, but I was just wondering where the best place to put them is. Should I just upload them to the gallery page for the cache? My only concern is there's quite a few pictures of children, and some people may be concerned about them going online in a very public place.

Lee

I say post them to the web page. If parents are that worried about pictures of their kids going on the cache page they shouldn't have taken a photo in the first place. What did they think was going to happen to the pictures? Put in a cupboard never to be seen again?

You're right to ask though. Others may have a different opinion.

I say post them to the web page. If parents are that worried about pictures of their kids going on the cache page they shouldn't have taken a photo in the first place. What did they think was going to happen to the pictures? Put in a cupboard never to be seen again?

You're right to ask though. Others may have a different opinion.

Another option is to stick them up on Flickr or similar, or your own website (if you have one), then add a link on your cache page (I think others have done that in the past). For the record I'm with Stuey re the pictures of kids - as a parent of 2 girls I wouldn't take their picture if I was going to be concerned about what they might be used for, and I've posted pics of my kids on some of our found logs.

Good question - we have this issue at the school I work in all the time with photos for Websites, Local Papers and so on.

My initial thought is that by taking their photo they have implied consent for them to be published - but I'm not a lawyer. Certainly if I wasn't keen on having my photo published then I wouldn't be taking my photo on a camera in someones Tupperware box.

I think this may prove to be a hard question to answer, will b einteresting to watch the discussion.

Thanks for the comments on this. I am inclined to agree that if you're happy to leave your pictures in a public place like that, you won't mind too much about them being posted online, and I'll take that as implicit permission to post them. I think the paranoia about pictures of children is a bit crazy anyway - I've got two children myself and my blog is full of photos of them.

I'll put them on my Flickr site as and when, so that people can get around to identifying themselves.

Lee

Thanks for the comments on this. I am inclined to agree that if you're happy to leave your pictures in a public place like that, you won't mind too much about them being posted online, and I'll take that as implicit permission to post them. I think the paranoia about pictures of children is a bit crazy anyway

Lee

At the time you put the picturesup they ae just unidentified pictures. If people are worried they needn't identify them. If they do identify them, that is explicit consent.