Google earth?

ONEWAY_DK

1. You need to have google earth on your computer (which I assume you do or else you wouldn't ask this question).

2. Download the .KML file that pops up with the link.

3. Save it to your compuuter

4. Open Google Earth.

5. Open this file from the menus and then zoom into your area.

That should be all you need.

1. You need to have google earth on your computer (which I assume you do or else you wouldn't ask this question).

4. Open Google Earth.

ok the link takes me to a page that talks about that file but not how to download it im so lost lol

4. Open Google Earth.

ok the link takes me to a page that talks about that file but not how to download it im so lost lol

A window should pop up asking you what to do with the file? Save/Open/Cancel

You can also access this file from your "My Account" page on geocaching.com - look for "download geocache browser in google earth" on the right side. That should get you the file

4. Open Google Earth.

When I click on it Google Earth opens with the geocaches showing. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Do you have Google Earth on your PC?

Use this link

Thanks but this is all greek to me any pointers?

okay, here is another way to do it.

1. Download a copy of GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) here.

2. Download the myGoogleEarth Export macro Here.

Select the link for myGoogleEarth Export, scroll to the bottom of the list, and save myGoogleEarth.gsk.

If you're running windows you can open it with GSAK when you click on the link.

3. Optional: Register you copy by paying the $25 registration fee (it's worth it)

4. If you are not already, become a geocaching.com premium member (it's worth it)

5. Set up your home coordinates in your profile. (If you are asking this question because you don't have

a GPS you can use Google Earth to find your house be entering your address, then click on the your address

when it shows up in the results. Then use the Edit/Properties menu item to view the placemark information.

Select the location tab and you find Lat/Lon coordinates for your home location. When editing your

profile make sure to use the same format (Degrees, Minutes, Second) as is shown on the Google Earth Edit

Waypoint screen.

6. Create a pocket query with as many caches as you would like (up to 500) with your home location. If

you are working without a GPS you'll probably want to limit the search to traditional caches. If you

include a multi cache you'll find a stage which has coordinates for the next and you won't be able to

determine the location while out in the field.

7. When the results of the PQ are mailed to you, save it as either a zip or gpx file.

8. Open up GSAK and create a new database (call it NotYetFound or something)

9. Select the File/Open GPX/LOC/ZIP drop down menu. Select the little open folder icon in the upper

right of the dialog box and navigate to the gpx/zip file you save from the PQ. You should now see all

of the caches from your PQ.

10. Select the Macro/Run/Manage drop down menu, then select the "my Google Earth Export" macro and

run it. Provide a name for the export such as "Local Geocaches".

11. Google Earth will launch and zoom you in on the area of your caches and print off any areas of

interest. Right click on the name of the export in the "Temporary places" area and save it

in "MyPlaces". Next time you open Google Earth you can revisit the caches.

4. Open Google Earth.

When I click on it Google Earth opens with the geocaches showing. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Do you have Google Earth on your PC?

Is it working for any one outside New Jersey? 'cause it ain't working over here either. :D

4. Open Google Earth.

Is it working for any one outside New Jersey? 'cause it ain't working over here either. :blink:

lol notworking here ethier?

Not sure if this will work for every one but....

Click on "My Account".

Scroll down untill you see "Google Mapping Features" on the right.

Click the link there in.

Save or Open as you see fit.

Oh yeah you gotta have google earth installed :-)

Should work

Can't possibly be worth the effort. :mad::D:blink:

4. Open Google Earth.

Is it working for any one outside New Jersey? 'cause it ain't working over here either. :)

lol notworking here ethier?

Ok, but then can you transfer the caches from Google Earth to your GPS unit?