event cache?

joeluke

I am interested in "holding" an event cache i would really like to meet some of my local cachers i see their names a lot on the logs and i would like to put a face to some of them I have already met 1 and know of/about 2 others that are pretty activebut i see many other names. what would i need to do how is such a thing held/what do you do there? could it be just a meet and greet maybe at the park we have 6 hidden at? what is common and/or what would produce the most people?

I've never actually held one, but they take several forms

1) Short Meet and Greet before a day of caching

2) A caching event with several temporary caches or new published caches in a park published for the event.

3) Specific events like a Super Bowl party for cachers

4) I'm sure there are many other ways to make it original too.

Keep it simple. The more events I go to the more convoluted they seem to be getting.

The best ones IMO are the ones where you simply show up, meet and talk to folks and have a good time.

I've held big events with drawings, raffles, prizes, etc. and they are fun - they just don't allow for as much interaction between the people there. Once you all know each other and have nothing left to talk about (a few events down the road), go ahead and and games, prizes, etc. if you like.

Simple "get together and talk" events are a lot of fun.

The best ones IMO are the ones where you simply show up, meet and talk to folks and have a good time.

I agree. Some event ideas:

1. Pizza night. See if your local pizza place has a back room where you can meet.

2. Meet at a local pub.

3. Meet at a picnic area at a local park (the fewer caches in the park the better)

4. Breakfast at a local diner with a optional cache hunt afterwards (remember that an event can't be held

specifically to hunt caches, but nothing keeping you from getting together to hunt caches together after the event)

5. A hike. Nothing too ambitions. Perhaps 3 miles over moderate terrain.

Edited by briansnat