Garmin problem

MickieD

My Garmin will only accept 16 waypoints when I load them in using GSAK. It doesn't matter if I attempt to load 150 or 20. It will only accept in 16. If I try to add more to the 16 - nopers.

My users manual doesn't specifiy a waypoint limit.

Is this common? Is there a way to override this 16 limit?

My gps is a Garmin Etrex Legend. I love it. But I don't love this!! :(

TIA for any advice!

Mickie

Your Legend should hold 1,000 waypoints. When you list your waypoints, show by name, rather than nearest and see what happens. They are probably there but you just don't see them when showing by nearest.

One way to see how many waypoints are actually on your unit is to open EasyGPS, or an empty GSAK database and send from your GPS to your PC. If you are just seeing 16 then that is all your unit is receiving. In that case I think the problems are with the software settings on your export utility, rather than with your unit.

Edited by briansnat

If you are viewing the waypoints on your GPS nearest to you, it will only show the ones within 50 miles (I think that's the limit) of your present location, or where the GPS last had a signal lock. If you search by name or category, you should see the missing waypoints.

Do as briansnat suggests and upload the GPS waypoints into GSAK/MapSource/EasyGPS to confirm what is inside your GPS.

Your Legend should hold 1,000 waypoints. When you list your waypoints, show by name, rather than nearest and see what happens. They are probably there but you just don't see them when showing by nearest.

One way to see how many waypoints are actually on your unit is to open EasyGPS, or an empty GSAK database and send from your GPS to your PC. If you are just seeing 16 then that is all your unit is receiving. In that case I think the problems are with the software settings on your export utility, rather than with your unit.

oooooooooooohhh.. I just looked by name and there are 20 - the last 20 that I loaded in. Ok, I'm going to delete all and put in 150, then look to see how many are there! I never thought to change how I was looking!! d'oh!

thanks so much - I'll let you know if all 150 loaded in! :(

That thing must have a really really large screen. :(