This is a confusing discussion site.

joeteach

The forums?? or the geocaching web site??

What exactly are you looking for?

I just started and I am confused about the overall structure of the Groundspeak forums in general. I guess I just need to search around until I figure out how this works. The fact that I finally found your response is encouraging to me. Thanks for you consideration.

"View New Posts" a list of the last threads started or posted to beginning with most recent, all catagories in no order.

Could go to forums main page and look by catagory for region or topic.

To moniter a thread, go to options in top right, and subscribe as you wish.

It isn't that the site is fragmented to badly, but that caching and participation has grown so fast that ideas for organization haven't been able to keep pace, and with the subject matters covered I doubt that could ever be done.

The absolute bestest safest place to be asking questions is the Getting Started Forum. No dumbest questions there.

I see you are a teacher so you might be interested in the GPS In Education forum or maybe the GPS Units and Software Forum.

Just check the description underneath the Forum heading and you'll do just fine.

Oh, and welcome!

Edited by BlueDeuce

Hello,

To eliminate confusion in the forums, follow these easy instructions:

1. Go to "My Controls" (the link is in the upper right corner).

2. Click on the "Manage Ignored Users" link in the "options" section on the left-hand menu.

3. In the input box under the words "Add new users to your ignore list, type "Vinny & Sue Team."

4. Click on the "Update Ignored Users" button at the bottom of this screen.

Tests have shown that these simple steps will reduce forum confusion by a median factor of 47%.

Hello,

2. Click on the "Manage Ignored Users" link in the "options" section on the left-hand menu.

3. In the input box under the words "Add new users to your ignore list, type "Vinny & Sue Team."

Tests have shown that these simple steps will reduce forum confusion by a median factor of 47%.

LOL :P:P

Hello,

:P:P:mad:

I don't see that the site or the forums are confusing at all. Of course, i have been using them for quite a while now.

The one thing that is confusing for me and i still have problems with, is performing a search in the forums. I don't have a whole lot of luck using this feature in that i either get no returned results or more often than not, get way too many results for it to be of any help. :mad:

Hello,

:):smile::)

I don't see that the site or the forums are confusing at all. Of course, i have been using them for quite a while now.

The one thing that is confusing for me and i still have problems with, is performing a search in the forums. I don't have a whole lot of luck using this feature in that i either get no returned results or more often than not, get way too many results for it to be of any help. :)

Now now. Its not nice to talk about people that haven't even responded in this subject...

Hello,

:unsure::blink::anibad:

The one thing that is confusing for me and i still have problems with, is performing a search in the forums. I don't have a whole lot of luck using this feature in that i either get no returned results or more often than not, get way too many results for it to be of any help. :huh:

Now now. Its not nice to talk about people that haven't even responded in this subject...

Thanks for all the responses. It has been quite a while since I started this post. I just dug in and am getting comfortable with the site now. It isn't confusing now, thanks