Found Cache Not Published in Raleigh, NC

hideme

While searching for a cash I run across one that I wasn't expecting. It didn't have a name on it, nor a GC number. I signed the log and mark the cord. (N 35 54.504 W 078 44.580) After coming home and doing a little research I found that it was not published and that it was extremely close to another cash and will ultimately have to be moved. I guess my question is do any of you happen to know the owner of this cash and if so how can I find out what the name is so that I can track it & log it once it has been relocated. Found while looking for "just another walk in the woods."

How did you find out it was not published yet? Might be a Letterbox or a Terracache. Any logs in the log book?

Well, I plugged in the cords. and it didn't come up marked as do the other caches when I'm searching. There was indeed a log and it had the standard geocache log wording. I was the first to sign so I can't ask the previous signer, if you know what I mean.

I'm fairly new at this but my spouse has been caching for some time now and he tells me it hasn't been published yet.

It was funny because I thought it was his hide and called him to ask him what the name of it was and it wasn't his so what to do, what to do? I was pretty excited about finding it too.

How did you find out it was not published yet? Might be a Letterbox or a Terracache. Any logs in the log book?

Well, I plugged in the cords. and it didn't come up marked as do the other caches when I'm searching. There was indeed a log and it had the standard geocache log wording. I was the first to sign so I can't ask the previous signer, if you know what I mean.

I'm fairly new at this but my spouse has been caching for some time now and he tells me it hasn't been published yet.

It was funny because I thought it was his hide and called him to ask him what the name of it was and it wasn't his so what to do, what to do? I was pretty excited about finding it too.

This one is real close (within 100 feet) GC184ZD HMMMM. I wonder if they hid this one first and then couldn't find it when it was time to list.

Edited by horsegeeks

This one is real close (within 100 feet) GC184ZD HMMMM. I wonder if they hid this one first and then couldn't find it when it was time to list.

I found GC184ZD and yeah it's real close but I know this is a brand new cache as I have been out their few times and the way it is hidden I would have notice it before now. Not to mention the container is new and not weathered at all. It could have even been place with in the last 24hours. Either way, the hide was creative

I looked at logs and the legendary cache mover has not found this cache . But I've seen several like that rehid in better place than the owner hid it. :ph34r:I've replace one of my caches and found original container at a later date some one hundred feet off from the spot where I placed it!!

Edited by denden9

Searching from GC184ZD in the reviewer view of the database, there is no new unpublished cache nearby, nor any stage of a multicache or puzzle. Either the new cache hasn't been submitted yet so it can be shot down, or else the owner realized their error when they got home, and is planning a retrieval trip.

I looked at logs and the legendary cache mover has not found this cache . But I've seen several like that rehid in better place than the owner hid it. :ph34r:I've replace one of my caches and found original container at a later date some one hundred feet off from the spot where I placed it!!

I guess I'll never know the name of this cache...Unless the owner happens upon this topic I won't be able to log it. ah to bad :) I'll keep watching nonetheless.

I was the first to sign so I can't ask the previous signer, if you know what I mean.

Perhaps it is not published yet and you were the first to find by accident :unsure:

Lucky you, there is a large group of cachers that is keen on having a FTF in their records :blink:

Already answered and he said it contained the usual gc.com "what the heck is this" sheet.

I'm going to go back out there Sunday to see if it's still there. If so, I'm going to leave a message to the owner. It's not like the owner has forgotten where they hid it. It's in plain site. Hopefully they will check on it. I was excited about the FTF, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't log it. Oh well, on to the next one. This just has me wondering???

Edited by hideme

HAH!!!!! I found exactly the same cache today while walking between the same other two caches. And I had replied to this topic. Fun location actually.

I'm heading out there tomorrow to relocate this cache to a legal distance. Then I'll put it up for submission. If the owner claims it then I'll turn it over. For those of you who signed the log I'll let you know the GC number. (That is if they let me submit it) cross your fingers folks. But I believe the owner has decided to abandon this one.

HAH!!!!! I found exactly the same cache today while walking between the same other two caches. And I had replied to this topic. Fun location actually.

I'm heading out there tomorrow to relocate this cache to a legal distance. Then I'll put it up for submission. If the owner claims it then I'll turn it over. For those of you who signed the log I'll let you know the GC number. (That is if they let me submit it) cross your fingers folks. But I believe the owner has decided to abandon this one.

Looking forward to finding this one!

I had sort of the same thing happen to me. I loaded all the local GC into my gps and would log them as I found them. The problem is that one of them I found isn't on the website anymore. I have been out there a few times and it is still there to this day. It is named the peanut cache and is next to logans road house in fayetteville. I can't find it on the site anywhere and I know it was there at one time because it was loaded into my gps. any thoughts on how I could find it on the site so I can log it?

I had sort of the same thing happen to me. I loaded all the local GC into my gps and would log them as I found them. The problem is that one of them I found isn't on the website anymore. I have been out there a few times and it is still there to this day. It is named the peanut cache and is next to logans road house in fayetteville. I can't find it on the site anywhere and I know it was there at one time because it was loaded into my gps. any thoughts on how I could find it on the site so I can log it?

Have you e-mailed the reviewers? If they don't have any idea regarding this cache located at that particular set of Coordinates. Maybe you should consider adopting it. I tried everything to find out who place the cache I ran across, but had no luck. The only difference with mine is it was too close to two others so it had to be relocated. So, after trying everything I knew to find the owner, I adopted it and moved it.

Hey, I know I'm coming to this conversation late, but could it be that it is a geocache from a site that is not GC.com? I know I like to do some geocaching games hosted on gpsgames.org and there are others out there.

Some other sites do not have rules against mobile caches, you can place a cache in a spot of significance to you without having to move it 500' from an existing cache, you can do a virtual, there are a number of reasons people use other sites for geocaching. You probably just stumbled upon a cache from one of those.

It is surprising, though, that there was nothing from the cache placer indicating how to log the cache.