Found a lost TB, what now?

John&Jo

We found a travel bug in one of our caches today, went to grab it out of the cache and it said there were no travel bugs in the inventory. Then I searched by the tracking number and it says that tracking number doesn't exist.

Did you try typing Zero (0) for O (o)?

Check the inventories of the last few users who logged the cache. Maybe you will figure out the name of the TB.

Yeah I tried typing zero for the O and it came up with one that was placed yesterday way up in northern California.

The tracking number is (edited) and it's attached to a white National Parks jeep hot wheel car. I looked in all the logs and didn't see where anyone placed it.

We found a travel bug in one of our caches today, went to grab it out of the cache and it said there were no travel bugs in the inventory. Then I searched by the tracking number and it says that tracking number doesn't exist.

Check the inventories of the last few users who logged the cache. Maybe you will figure out the name of the TB.

Edited by John&Jo

Yeah I tried typing zero for the O and it came up with one that was placed yesterday way up in northern California.

The tracking number is xxxxxx and it's attached to a white National Parks jeep hot wheel car. I looked in all the logs and didn't see where anyone placed it.

It is possible that the original owner never properly activated it. I would contact GC.com and see if they have any suggestions.

Is it a "White Jeep Travel Bug" or just a hot wheels toy?

By the way, you should not post Tracking Numbers.

Edited by UncleJimbo

It sounds like that might be the right TB (with a 0 instead of an O), because that one's goal is to visit National Parks. Maybe the person who moved it from N. California forgot to log it, or dropped it into the new cache without writing down the tag number, or tried to log it with an O and gave up. Or it could possibly be the original bug, because that one was recently replace with the copy tag, but that would be unusual.

Might try putting a 0 (zero) in front of the number. We came across a TB not too long ago that using the number on the tag showed no record. We contacted the TB owner who advised the tag was missing the leading 0 when it was printed. It logged in OK after putting a 0 in front of the tag number. Before we released the TB we stuck a note on the tag indicating to the next finder to add the 0.

Might try putting a 0 (zero) in front of the number. We came across a TB not too long ago that using the number on the tag showed no record. We contacted the TB owner who advised the tag was missing the leading 0 when it was printed. It logged in OK after putting a 0 in front of the tag number. Before we released the TB we stuck a note on the tag indicating to the next finder to add the 0.

It would have meant an extra errand, but a locksmith would have the stamps to add the missing digit to the tag. they'rs available at a hardware store, but you probabaly wouldn't to buy the set for a one time use. As for me...any excuse to buy a new tool/toy if a good excuse.